Hopping Pickle Chopper?
In my never-ending quest to bring you HPC news from the darkest corners of the Internet, I regularly do Google searches for those three letters. Most of the time the results are at least related to HPC, if not of interest to you. But over the years I’ve had fun noticing what else HPC stands for.
This week, I’ve decided to share the fun with you by picking out some of the non-high performance computing uses of that abbreviation that I’ve spotted in just the past couple days (in order of occurrence in my inbox)
- Hollywood Parish Church
- High Performance Concrete
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
- Hindustan Paper Corporation
- Highpoint Presbyterian Church
- Healing Place Church
- High Performance Center teams (some sort of field hockey thing)
- High Performance Centre at the University of Pretoria (South Africa’s first elite performance sports facility, has something to do with cricket I think)
- Historic Preservation Commission
- High-pressure compressor
- Heat Pump Centre
- Health Professions Council
- HousePriceCrash (UK website)
- Hmar People’s Convention
- Hixson Presbyterian Church
- High Performance Cycling
No pickle chopppers…this week anyway.