We had an amazing time in Lugano at the HPC Advisory Council Switzerland Workshop, but there was a lot else going on here on inside* publications this week:
- Slidecast: Pentaho Big Data Update. In this episode of the Rich Report, Pentaho CEO Quentin Gallivan describes the company’s popular business analytics solutions.
- Guest Feature: Big Data Software – More Than Just Analytics. Kevin Dudak from Spectra Logic reminds us that Big Data is more than just Hadoop.
- Feature: Brueckner to Host Big Data HPC Panel at Structure: Data in New York. Our Big Apple discussion will feature Gary Grider, Deputy Division Leader at LANL and Garth Gibson from Panasas.
- Podcast: Big Science Challenge Awards Time on 30,000-core AWS Cluster. As the winner, Victor Ruotti from the Morgridge Institute for Research will advance stem cell research with the power of Cycle Cloud and AWS.
- Video: Challenges in Establishment of Open Cloud Markets. This presentation is a fascinating mix of anthropology, economics, and computer science. Highly recommended.
- Video: X-ARM Startup Launches “Toughest 3 Minutes in Sports”. Think UFC fighting meets Arm Wrestling on an episode of Spartacus.
- Video: License123 Keeps Your Small Business in Compliance. Got all your business permits? Check again with this new Startup.
- Slidecast:Announcing Moab HPC Suite 7.0. Chad Harrington from Adaptive Computing describes how TORQUE scaleability has jumped to millions of jobs and 100K+ nodes with 10K+ users.
- Interview: Michael Resch on the Hermit Super at HLRS. As the fastest supercomputer in Germany, Hermit may also be the first Petaflop industrial supercomputer.