In case you missed them, here are some recent highlights the other inside* publications:
- Slidecast: Time-to-Answer – A Business-Driven Scorecard for Big Data. Paul Barth from NewVantage Partners describes why the key to business success is data preparation (cleanse, normalize, and integrate the data), not the total amount of data that you have.
- Feature: The Big Bang Meets Big Data at CERN. A look at how CERN handles its enormous datasets provides insight into future of Big Data.
- Slidecast: Top Benefits of Cloud Databases. Karen Tegan Padir from EnterpriseDB shows us why companies are moving away from Oracle lock-in and onto the Cloud.
- Podcast: DDN WOS Software on OCP Storage Hardware to Enable Hyperscale Storage Clouds. Started by Facebook, the Open Compute Project allows companies to harness the power of crowd-sourced hardware design and a highly optimized supply chain to drive the best value for our customers. DDN is among the first storage vendors to sign up.
- Video: Classic Talk on Pitching to VCs. In this TED video, David. S. Rose tells you how to get funded. The video remains popular after five years and has been viewed nearly 500,000 times.
- News: ScaleArc Startup Plugs into Microsoft SQL for Instant Scalability. The iDB v2.0 database infrastructure software from ScaleArc brings significant new capabilities to SQL Server environments