In this video, Ravi Kunju, Managing Director, Strategy and Marketing at Altair presents: Software Asset Optimization.
Software procurement has become a rising cost of doing business. While many organizations closely manage enterprise IT hardware, the need to better control costs associated with software assets has now become a business priority. This presentation will introduce Altair’s “Software Asset Optimization” (SAO) solution for optimizing the utilization of software assets. SAO is a scalable business analytics application providing enterprise-wide visibility to software inventories and deeper insight to support procurement decision-making and right-sizing software investments.
Altair’s SAO baseline solution has been architected to be rapidly deployed in any environment providing on-demand analytics and interactive dashboards for:
- On-demand access to license inventory/usage/trends
- Identification of shelved / underutilized licenses
- Rapid reconciliation of software requests vs capacity
- Quantitative insight to support vendor negotiations
- Improved software capacity planning and forecasting
Recorded at the PBS Works User Group meeting in San Jose on Oct. 3, 2012.