Hello. It’s me again–Dr. Lewey Anton. I’ve been commissioned by insideHPC to track who’s moving on up in high performance computing.
Here are the most recent developments:
- Steve Barber left his long-time position as CEO of Xyratex in April. Interim CEO Ernest Sampias leads the search for a new chief exec there.
- Robert “Bo” Ewald is now President of quantum computing vendor D-Wave in the U.S. as well as the company’s Chief Revenue Officer.
- John Josephakis has moved on from his job as Sr. VP Worldwide HPC Sales at DDN to join Cray as VP of worldwide sales.
- Eric Michielssen has been appointed associate vice president for research, advanced research computing at the University of Michigan.
- Dominik Ulmer is moving from his current position as the General Manager of the Swiss National Supercomputing Center CSCS to take on the role of Director of Operations Europe at Cray, starting Sept. 1.
Update: Mark Dean, co-inventor of the personal computer, will join the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, College of Engineering faculty this fall.
Have you moved or know of HPC folks in new positions? Let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com. In the meantime, keep up with the HPC community’s movers and shakers by subscribing to insideHPC today.