In this video from from the Dell booth at SC13, Rich Brueckner from insideHPC moderates a panel on the topic of HPC Virtualization.
- Brad Dispensa, University of California, San Francisco
- Jim Wilgenbush, Florida State University * View the slides
- Paul Calleja, Cambridge University * View the slides
- Brett Zimmerman, University of Oklahoma
- Joseph Antony, Australian National University * View the slides
HPC clusters have become a cornerstone for many scientific fields including some we’d never expected, such as biology. Virtualization is essential to a vast new era of systems and has (with some hype) given birth to ‘The Cloud’. The two are not necessarily incompatible and work is being done to bring benefits that enterprise users of virtualization enjoy to the HPC arena where — despite years of experience — we still battle with the challenge that large scale computing presents. This panel will challenge old notions, update you on current activities and provoke a debate about what’s needed for the future.”
See more from the show at our SC13 Video Gallery.