It’s me again–Dr. Lewey Anton. I’ve been commissioned by insideHPC to get out there and report on who’s moving on up in High Performance Computing.
Here are the latest updates:
- Adrian Cockcroft has left his gig as Netflix Cloud Architect to join Battery Ventures. Formerly the HPC Architect at Sun Microsystems, Cockcroft then went on to eBay before joining Netflix.
- Caroline Connor has left Tabor Communications for a gig as Managing Parter of the Longstone Group.
- Marc Hamilton has left HP and has joined Nvidia as VP of Solutions Architecture and Engineering. In this role, Hamilton will be reunited with former Sun HPC team members including Simon See.
- John Hengeveld has left Intel for a new role as Strategic Marketing Director at ARM.
- Steve Oberlin is now CTO of Tesla at Nvidia. Oberlin takes over the spot vacated last year by Steve Scott, who went off to Google.
Updates from our Readers:
- Jay Boisseau has retired from his position as Director of the Texas Advanced Computing Center. He announced his retirement on Twitter.
- Tim Cockerill has left NCSA and the NSF’s XSEDE project for a new position as Director of Center Programs at TACC.
- Tom Coull is now President & Chief Executive Officer of Penguin Computing.
- Harriet Coverston, formerly of Sun Microsystems, is now CTO of Versity Software. Through a strategic partnership with Versity, Cray has developed a deployment-ready, flexible tiered archiving solution.
- Jill King is now VP of Marketing at Adaptive Computing.
- Brad Rutledge is now VP of Marketing at Cycle Computing.
- Charles Wuischpard has left Penguin Computing for a new role as Vice President Data Center Group, General Manager Workstations and High Performance Computing at Intel Corporation.
Have you moved or know of HPC folks in new positions? Let us know by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.