It’s me again–Dr. Lewey Anton. I’ve been commissioned by insideHPC to get the scoop on who’s jumping ship and moving on up in high performance computing.
Here are the latest developments:
- Five researchers in Berkeley Lab’s Computational Research Division have been named Berkeley Institute for Data Science Fellows: Deb Agarwal, Wes Bethel, Peter Nugent, James Sethian, and Daniela Ushizima will contribute their extensive expertise in data science approaches to advise about BIDS initiatives.
- Cray CTO William C. Blake is leaving the company and is reportedly headed to a Startup.
- Hari Cadambi, formerly of NEC Labs, is now a senior engineer at Google.
- Tim Carroll has moved on from Dell and is now Vice President of Business Development at Cycle Computing.
- Dean Fairchild has left LSI and is now a Business Development Manager at EMC.
- Rob Futrick has moved up at Cycle Computing to become their CTO.
- Arvind Parthasarathi is leaving his post at Cray’s YarcData Division. The company is reportedly reorganizing into a single business unit.
- Vadapalli Ravi has a new job as Associate Site Director at Texas Tech University.
- Chris Shea is now Vice President of Business Development at Mellanox.
Have you moved or know of HPC folks in new positions? Let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com.