In this video, a team of students from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville prepare for the SC14 Student Cluster Competition.
On Tuesday, Aug. 12, through Thursday, August 14, the team is performing a “mock run” for the competition in which they’re compiling, optimizing, and running test cases for applications using the supercomputing cluster they’ve assembled. They start the new school year on Aug. 20, and between then and the time of the competition at SC14 will meet as a team once a week to maintain the continuity of their preparation for the competition.
In related news, SC14 has announced the roster for this year’s competition:
- The University of Texas – Austin
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- iVEC – Australia
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität – Germany
- National Tsing Hua University – Taiwan
- University of Tennessee – Knoxville
- Purdue University /EAFIT – Colombia
- The University of Oklahoma
- The University of Science and Technology – China
- National University of Singapore
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology – China
- Massachusetts Green Team
Sign up for our insideHPC Newsletter.