It’s me again–Dr. Lewey Anton. I’ve been commissioned by insideHPC to get the scoop on who’s jumping ship and moving on up in high performance computing.
- Bert Beals is now Global Lead, Energy Industries at Cray Inc.
- Jay Boisseau has joined an HPC Startup called Vizias.
- Madelyn Creedon was confirmed by the Senate on Wednesday, July 23, 2014, as the Department of Energy’s Principal Deputy Administrator for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
- Peter Christensen has been named as the consortium’s Far West Technology Transfer Professional of the Year. Christensen is manager of Technology Commercialization at the Department of Energy’sPacific Northwest National Laboratory in Richland.
- Rob Farber is now Editor in Chief of TechEnablement, providing great tips and training on accelerated HPC.
- Daniel S. Katz is now a Member of Advisory Board at Center for Computational Engineering & Sciences (CCES) at the University of Campinas (UNICAMP).
- Bill Kramer has taken on additional duties as a Research Professor at CS @ Illinois.
- Paul Messina has been named an Argonne National Laboratory Distinguished Fellow.
- Johannes Lercher and Charles H.F. Peden from PNNL have been named EMSL Wiley Research Fellows.
Steve Scott is returning to the Cray CTO office. As you may recall, Scott left Cray in 2011 to join Nvidia as CTO of their Tesla Business Unit. He later went on to become a principle engineer at Google in 2013. Scott replaces outgoing Cray CTO William C. Blake, who left the company at the end of July.
For our company and throughout our industry, Steve coming back to Cray is very significant and, in a sense, it’s similar to LeBron James returning home to Cleveland,” said Peter Ungaro, president and CEO of Cray. “I am very excited that Steve has rejoined our all-star technical team at Cray as we work to build differentiated, high-value solutions for our customers at the convergence of supercomputing and big data. Steve is an incredibly talented supercomputing expert, and all of us at Cray are excited he is back as our CTO.”
Have you moved or know of HPC folks in new positions? Let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com.