It’s me again–Dr. Lewey Anton. I’ve been commissioned by insideHPC to get the scoop on who’s jumping ship and moving on up in high performance computing.
Here are the latest developments:
- John Bell, a senior staff mathematician in CRD’s Center for Computational Sciences and Engineering (CCSE), has been named to the Board on Mathematical Sciences and their Applications (BMSA) of the National Academies.
- Bill Blake has joined D-Wave Systems as Executive VP of Research and Development. Blake left his gig as CTO at Cray at the end of July.
- Peter Christensen has been named by The Federal Laboratory Consortium — Far West Region the consortium’s Far West Technology Transfer Professional of the Year.
- John Daane from Altera has received the 2014 Robert N. Noyce Award, the Semiconductor Industry’s highest honor.
Fabio Gallo has joined Eurotech as Vice President and General Manager of their HPC Business Unit. Most recently at iOpener, Gallo is one of the most seasoned HPC execs in Europe.
- Melinda McDade is now Senior Technical Architect for Global Energy Industry at IBM.
- Michael Mullaley has a new gig as Chief Marketing Officer at Genesis-II Computing.
- Alex Pacheco is now Research Computing Manager at Lehigh University.
- Ben Rosen has a new job as Solutions Architect – Big Data, Cloud, and HPC at Dell.
Sign up for our insideHPC Newsletter.