SC14 is world’s largest gathering of HPC professionals, and the smart money is on the organizations that leverage the show for their own gatherings, meetups, special booth sessions, and user groups.
Ancillary Events at SC14:
- HP will hold their HP-CAST user group meeting in New Orleans on Nov. 14-15, prior to SC14.
- StartupHPC Meetup at SC14. This first-time event will bring together startups, entrepreneurs, and industry thought leaders together to explore what it takes to succeed in the HPC marketplace. The meetup takes place Monday, Nov. 17 from 9-3:30.
- DDN will host their annual User Group Meeting at the convention center at 2:30-6:30pm on Monday, Nov. 17.
- Seagate will host their HPC User Group at the convention center at 4:30-7:00pm on Monday, Nov. 17.
- insideHPC will announce the winner of the 2014 HPC Vanguard Award at the DOE booth #1939 at 7:45pm on Monday, Nov. 17.
- The Beowulf Bash is the best way to start your SC conference week on Monday, Nov. 17 at 9pm.
- Cray has posted a comprehensive list of their SC14 activities.
- DOE has posted a complete schedule of their booth theater. The facilities and capabilities of 15 national labs will be highlighted in a booth program featuring presentations by HPC experts, electronic posters, demonstrations, roundtable discussions and a 3D display showing simulations and modeling.
- IDC will host their annual Breakfast Briefing at the Embassy Suites on Tuesday, Nov. 18.
- IBM has posted a comprehensive list of their SC14 activities.
- Isotope demonstrating and discussing the benefits of its liquid cooling technology at Booth 557, Hall G.
- Mellanox will host their annual SC14 Evening Event on Wednesday, Nov. 19.
- SGI will host a Special Plenary on Why HPC Matters at SC14 on Monday, Nov. 17 at 5:30pm.
Special Programs on the SC14 Exhibit Floor
- Adaptive Computing will host an array of technical talks in their booth theater all week. Rich Brueckner from insideHPC will present Data and Goliath: Why Startups Own the Future of Big Data, on Thursday, Nov. 20 at 12:30pm.
- Altair has posted a comprehensive list of booth activities at SC14.
- Avere has posted a comprehensive list of booth activities at SC14.
- Dell is hosting panel discussions on Data Intensive Computing and Cloud HPC in their booth on Wednesday, Nov. 19. Rich Brueckner from insideHPC will be the moderator, and they have a terrific lineup of speakers, so don’t miss it!
- Intel will host their Parallel Universe Compute Challenge in their booth twice each day during the show, with finals on Thursday, Nov. 20.
- Nvidia has posted a comprehensive list of booth activities at SC14.
- OpenSFS has also posted a comprehensive list of booth activities at SC14.
- PGI has also posted yet another comprehensive list of booth activities at SC14.
- SDSC booth #1114 will once again feature a gaming competition, this year with 2D platformer gam about using #hpc to drive multidisciplinary science.
- Spectra Logic asks you to stop by booth #412 to learn more about using tape libraries for data storage in HPC.
- VMware will have a demo station in the EMC booth #2151 where we they will be showing a prototype of their approach to self-provisioning of virtual HPC clusters in a vRA private cloud as well as demonstrating use of SR-IOV to connect multiple VMs to a remote file system via InfiniBand.
The SC14 exhibition starts in just 11 days, so we invite our readers to send us additional news and event information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for places to meet and dine in New Orleans? The Print ‘n Fly Guide to SC14 in New Orleans has pointers to the best restaurants as well as great feature stories on HPC.