In this video, Ken Kraft from Intel describes his experiences as a participant in SC Conference Mentor-Protege program.
The SC15 conference is broadening its mission to build a strong and diverse HPC student community at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, through professional development programs, opportunities to learn from mentors, and engagement with SC’s technical sessions. By encouraging a strong student community centered around HPC, the SC15 Student Program helps ease the transition into the broader professional community. Activities at SC15 will include:
- The Student Cluster Competition. Students interested in demonstrating their high-performance computing skills on a global stage are invited to form teams and sign up to compete in this high-energy event featuring young supercomputing talent from around the world competing to build and operate powerful cluster computers. Application deadline is April 17, 2015.Questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Volunteers. All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply as volunteers to help support putting on the conference. In addition to being part of the conference team, students are can participate in activities like professional development workshops and technical talks by well-known researchers and industry leaders. Application deadline is June 1, 2015. Questions? write to email@example.com
- Experiencing HPC for Undergraduates. This program introduces undergraduate students at the sophomore level and above to various aspects of HPC research and opportunities to perform research as an undergraduate and potentially in graduate school or in a job related to HPC topics in computer science and computational science. Application deadline is June 1, 2015.Questions? Write to HPCundergrads@info.supercomputing.org
- Mentor-Protégé Program. As a newcomer, students are invited to join the mentors program to get matched up with more veteran participants who can provide even more details on all the conference’s in and outs.
- Student-Postdoc Job & Opportunity Fair. This face-to-face event will be open to all students and postdocs participating in the SC15 Conference, giving them an opportunity to meet with potential employers.
SC15 takes place Nov. 15-20 in Austin.