It’s me again–Dr. Lewey Anton. I’ve been commissioned by insideHPC to get the scoop on who’s jumping ship and moving on up in high performance computing.
Here are the latest developments:
Lisa Arafune is now Director of the Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation (CASC). Ms. Arafune comes to the position with a wealth of experience in government relations, including more than a decade representing higher education and university-based research interests on Capitol Hill. She has advocated for the research community and major federal science agencies, including NSF, DOD, USDA, NIH, DOE, and NASA.
Ron Bewtra is now Chief Technology Officer at US Department of Justice. You may know Ron from his previous gig as CTO at NOAA where he lead the agency’s Big Data initiative.
- James Demmel from LBNL has been honored as an ACM Computing Innovator with the Paris Kanellakis Theory and Practice Award. Demmel was honored for his work on numerical linear algebra libraries, including LAPACK (Linear Algebra Package), a standard software library that forms part of the standard mathematical libraries for many vendors.
- Koushik Ghosh is now a Computational Scientist at Engility Corporation. You may know Koushik from previous gigs at IBM, Intel, SGI, CRAY, and Sun.
- Bob Nikora is now the Principal Consultant at CompTech Solutions. You may know Bob from previous gigs at Cray, ScaleMP, and ClearSpeed.
- Jim Sexton is now an IBM fellow. Sexton is a leader of IBM’s massive Blue Gene and CORAL computer system projects and is a major driver of the current Data Centric System (DCS) architecture.
- David Sallak has joined Panasas as vice president of industry marketing. Sallak most recently served as chief technology officer for media & entertainment at EMC Isilon.
Have you moved or know of HPC folks in new positions? Let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com.