Industrial Applications of High-Performance Computing: Best Global Practices offers a global overview of high-performance computing (HPC) for industrial applications, along with a discussion of software challenges, business models, access models (e.g., cloud computing), public-private partnerships, simulation and modeling, visualization, big data analysis, and governmental and industrial influence.
Featuring the contributions of leading experts from 11 different countries, this authoritative book:
- Provides a brief history of the development of the supercomputer
- Describes the supercomputing environments of various government entities in terms of policy and service models
- Includes a case study section that addresses more subtle and technical aspects of industrial supercomputing
- Shows how access to supercomputing matters, and how supercomputing can be used to solve large-scale and complex science and engineering problems
- Emphasizes the need for collaboration between companies, political organizations, government agencies, and entire nations
Industrial Applications of High-Performance Computing: Best Global Practices supplies computer engineers and researchers with a state-of-the-art supercomputing reference. This book also keeps policymakers and industrial decision-makers informed about the economic impact of these powerful technological investments.