Today the 2015 ASC Student Supercomputer Challenge (ASC15) announced the winners of what they’re calling “the largest supercomputer contest in the world.” In total, 16 teams battled it out in the final round of the event, which took place last week at Taiyuan University of Technology in China.
- Winner: Tsinghua University
- Second Place: National University of Defense Technology
- Highest LINPACK: Nanyang Technological University from Singapore: 11.92 Teraflops at under 3000 Watts
- e Prize Award: Sun Yat-sen University
- Application Innovation Awards: Tsinghua University, National University of Defense Technology, National Tsinghua University and Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Best Presentation: Taiyuan University of Technology
In just four years, ASC has become the world’s largest supercomputer contest.
ASC15 was co-organized by Asia Supercomputer Community, Inspur Group, and the Taiyuan University of Technology. A total of 152 teams from 135 universities competed from six different continents. After tough competition in the preliminary round, 16 teams worldwide qualified for the finals, which were held from May 18-22.
The ASC Student Supercomputer Challenge, which began and is organized in China and supported by relative experts and institutes in Asian, European and American countries, aims to promote the communication and cultivation of supercomputing talent in various regions and countries. Its goals also include advancing the application and developing ability of supercomputing, driving the scientific and technological force of supercomputers, and promoting scientific and industrial innovation.