Verde DPE combines our 35 years of deep storage expertise with the latest in disk technology providing the most affordable way to preserve digital assets forever,” said Spectra Logic CEO Nathan C. Thompson. “We will always provide our customers with best-in-class solutions and superior customer support for total confidence in the safety of their data.”
With SMR technology – the lowest cost spinning media currently available – and Spectra’s unique implementation of ZFS software RAID, Verde DPE provides unmatched data integrity with RAID Z3 triple parity, automatic rebuild to global spare drives, continuous data checksum, and asynchronous replication. The built-in NFI portal provides an S3 link to Spectra tape libraries through the BlackPearl Deep Storage Gateway, creating a genetically diverse storage strategy.
The Verde, which we tested in DeepStorage Labs, performed well with the sequential workloads it was designed for. Verde DPE improves on the original Verde, boosting performance with cache while retaining the Verde virtues of high data reliability and the very affordable cost of just 9 cents per GB,” said DeepStorage Founder and Chief Scientist, Howard Marks. “We view Verde DPE as a top choice for those workloads.”
Key Features of Spectra Verde DPE include:
- Digital preservation for enterprise as low as $.09/GB* raw
- Expandable to 7.4 PB raw in a single rack – 2.5 more dense than most other systems on the market
- Triple-parity RAID Z3 with continuous data checksum, pushing probability of data loss to 1 in over 2 million years when properly monitored and maintained
- CIFS and NFS interfaces included; NFS acceleration kit available as an option
- 1 GB per second in bulk storage applications
For pennies per GB, Verde DPE is built for bulk storage and archive of large, unstructured files,” said Spectra Logic Chief Technology Officer, Matt Starr. “Combined with our proven tape solutions, you have a genetically diverse media set that protects your digital assets. We think of our newest product as the next step in the evolution of digital preservation.”
Spectra will host a webinar on Spectra Verde DPE on August 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EST.