In this video from the recent Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing, William Scullin from Argonne National Labs presents: Python for High Performance Computing.
Why Use Python for Scientific Computing?
- “Batteries included” + rich scientific computing ecosystem
- Good balance between computational performance and time investment
- Similar performance to expensive commercial solutions
- Many ways to optimize critical components
- Only spend time on speed if really needed
- Tools are mostly open source and free
- Strong community and commercial support options.
- No license management for the modules that keep people productive