SC15 will the 28th supercomputing event in the conference series, a long tradition that brings some 10,000 HPC professionals to Austin this week. While many of us regulars have attended for years, there is a hearty group of 18 SC Perennials that have managed to attend every conference since the beginning.
The SC Perennials are very young at heart,” said conference committee member Mike Bernhardt. “And we stand tall with our motto, ‘We Keep Coming Back.'”
If you’re in Austin this week and see someone wearing the pin depicted at right, please see hello.
SC Perennials include:
- Mike Bernhardt / Intel
- Bill Boas / System Fabric Works
- Vito Bongiorno / Cray Inc.
- Jim Bottum / Clemson Univ. / Internet2
- Maxine Brown / Univ. of Illinois at Chicago
- Jack Dongarra / Univ. of Tennessee and ORNL
- John L. Gustafson
- Fred Johnson
- Anne Marie Kelly / IEEE Computer Society
- John M. Levesque / Cray Inc.
- Allen D. Malony / Univ. of Oregon
- Kenichi Miura / NII / LBNL
- Steve Poole
- Ralph Roskies / Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
- Horst Simon / LBNL
- Burton Smith
- Quentin F. Stout / Univ. of Michigan
- Steve Wallach