The NYU Langone Medical Center is seeking an HPC Director in our Job of the Week.
The Director, High Performance Computing (HPC), under the supervision of the Senior Director, Research IT, and in close collaboration with the Associate Dean, Collaborative Science, and the Director, Institute for Computational Biology, provides support for computer-intensive scientific work at NYU Langone Medical Center (NYULMC). The Director will work intensively with scientific end users and liaise with other NYU Medical Center IT (MCIT) information, technical, and engineering staff to satisfy requirements.
- Responsible for the operation of high-performance computing (HPC) at NYULMC on a day-to-day basis
- Work with the Research IT Steering Committee and other advisory groups to plan and document a strategic vision for HPC at NYULMC.
- Work with Research IT, storage, networking, and systems teams in MCIT to implement the strategic vision.
- Supervise a team of two systems administrator/analyst staff.
- Collaborate with NYULMC scientists on research projects, providing high-performance computing expertise for their projects.
- Develop and implement reporting and chargeback mechanisms, etc.
- Develop and deliver tutorials and workshops on high performance computing at the Institutional, regional, and national levels.
- Give lectures on HPC in the NYULMCs academic programs.
- Provide mentoring on HPC methods to students and faculty on case-by-case basis.
Are you paying too much for your job ads? Not only do we offer ads for a fraction of what the other guys charge, our insideHPC Job Board is powered by SimplyHired, the world’s largest job search engine. As a reminder, we are offering 90 percent off job listings for .EDU and .GOV domains, so email us at: info @ insideHPC.com for a special discount code.