Today PASC16 announced a lineup of world-class keynote speakers for its third annual conference. The event will feature keynotes from academic and industry leaders with a special emphasis on high-performance computing, and simulation and data sciences. Building on the successful format of the last two years’ conferences, PASC16 will offer an even broader and deeper selection of technical sessions, paper tracks, information stands, and presentations from industry and academia.
The PASC Conference is a leading international event for researchers in computational science and high-performance computing. PASC’s structure enables efficient communication between various scientific areas. It offers the opportunity to connect with experts and hear about the latest research breakthroughs. From 2016, the PASC Conference is co-sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery’s (ACM) Special Interest Group on High Performance Computing (SIGHPC).
Confirmed plenary and public speakers include:
- Prof. Chris Johnson (Scientific Computing and Imaging, Institute, University of Utah, USA) who will give the PASC16 Public Lecture on the emerging topic of data science and visual analytics
- Dr. Dave Nichols (Schlumberger Limited, Houston, USA), a leading industrial expert on large scale computation in seismic exploration
- Prof. Chris J. Pickard (Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, UK) on random explorations of material structure space
- Prof. Paul Woodward (University of Minnesota, USA) on simulations of convection, turbulence, and combustion in stellar interiors on many-core computing devices
- Prof. Marc Snir (Argonne National Laboratory and University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign, USA) on programming models for Exascale
PASC16 takes place June 8-10, 2016 in Lausanne, Switzerland.