Today Intel announced new technologies, investments and industry collaborations that make it easier for any business to harness the power of the cloud. The news featured the new Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family (Broadwell), collaborations with leading cloud software and solution providers, and Intel’s first 3D NAND SSDs optimized for cloud and enterprise workloads.
Intel also announced a range of new solid state drives (SSDs) designed for enterprise deployments and consumer applications, and the first drive in a new family of SSDs targeted at the burgeoning Internet of Things.
The newly announced SSDs include:
- Intel SSD DC P3320 and P3520 Series: The first Intel SSDs to use the industry’s highest density 3D NAND technology! Both allow for very dense and highly efficient storage, and bring NVMe performance to the mainstream. The P3320 Series is optimized for cost effective performance for read-intensive applications in cloud and data analytics. The P3520 Series is designed for applications that require higher levels of performance in cloud computing environments such as storage virtualization and web hosting.
- Intel SSD DC 3700 and D3600 Series: Intel’s first dual-port PCIe SSDs using the NVMe protocol. The dual-port design provides critical redundancy and failover, safeguarding against data loss in mission-critical storage deployments. This is ideal for environments where it is imperative to minimize the threat of data loss due to a single point of failure.
- Intel SSD DC S3100 Series: An entry-level SSD designed for cloud and data center deployments that offers a path to transition from hard disk drives (HDDs) while keeping the total cost of ownership low.
- Intel SSD 540s Series and Intel SSD Pro 5400s Series: The newest additions to Intel’s consumer and professional SSD families. The Intel SSD Pro 5400 Series meets a wide range of business client needs by offering high performance as well as enhanced security and manageability. The Intel® SSD 540s Series delivers a low-power storage solution for a variety of consumer devices.
- Intel SSD E 5400s and E 5410s Series: The first in a new family of Intel SSDs that are targeted at embedded and IoT applications such as smart signage, ATMs, point-of-sale devices and more. Intel plans to continue to expand the new family in the future.