Register now to watch the replay of this webinar.
Manufacturing is enjoying an economic and technological resurgence with the help of high performance computing. In this insideHPC webinar, you’ll learn how the power of CAE and simulation is transforming the industry with faster time to solution, better quality, and reduced costs.
Why HPC for manufacturing? Despite manufacturing’s comeback, the industry is still facing some daunting challenges that include:
- The need to increase engineering productivity.
- Speed up product development time.
- Reduce physical prototyping to save time and costs.
- Inefficient use of expensive ISV licenses.
- Need to maintain multiple geographically distributed engineering facilities.
- Distributed workstations cannot interact with computer resources and data in the corporate data centers.
- Need to replace workstations with low cost, remote clients.
Meeting the Challenge
In an ideal world, a CAE system that can address these challenges would not be a box of components and wires dropped off by the vendor that turns into a six month science project. Instead, the ideal system in an ideal world would be:
- Flexibly architected
- High performance
- Easy to deploy
- Easy to administer
With these goals in mind, Altair Engineering has partnered with SGI on Hyperworks Unlimited Physical Appliance, a turnkey solution that simplifies high performance computing for CAE. With this easy-to-deploy, unified platform, users can tackle a broad spectrum of CAE applications and workloads. Built with the latest Intel® Xeon® processors, the system optimizes your productivity by providing faster data access to do real work and increases the value of archived data.
Case Studies Bring it all Together
In this webinar, Altair will take you through a manufacturing case study with Black & Decker, a global manufacturer that has successfully deployed high performance computing solutions for their competitive advantage. Register today.