ISC 2016 is only a week away, and the conference expects to host over 3000 supercomputing professionals from around the world. To bring some of the highlights home, the conference is planning to livestream video from the HPCAC-ISC Student Cluster Competition Awards Session.
This will give the families, friends and school mates to watch these kids live on the big stage.
The purpose of the Student Cluster Competition is to introduce the next generation of students to the high performance computing community and its technology.
“In this friendly and spirited competition, we will feature 12 student teams of six undergraduate and even high school students, from different parts of the world. These student teams will compete in real time over a three-day period on the ISC Exhibition floor to build a small cluster computer of their own design and run a series of HPC benchmarks and applications.”
2016 Student Teams:
- Boston Green Team
- Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC)
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Nanyang Technological University
- Purdue University and University of Colorado, Boulder
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Tsinghua University
- University of Hamburg
- University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
- University of Tartu
- Universitat Politècnica De Catalunya Barcelona Tech (UPC)
The ISC YouTube Channel will start streaming the awards ceremony on Wednesday, June 22 at 5.15 pm CET.