In this video from the 2016 HPC User Forum in Austin, Earl Joseph from IDC presents an HPC Market Update.
“HPC is still expected to be a strong growth market going forward. IDC is forecasting a 7.7 percent growth from 2015 to 2019. We’re projecting the 2019 HPC Market will exceed $15 Billion.”
- Vendor share positions shifted greatly in 2015
- The formative HPDA market will expand opportunities for vendors (plus machine learning, cognitive, and IoT)
- Storage is the fastest growing segment of the HPC Market
- HPC Storage revenues will grow to record levels
- The HPC interconnect market is in transition
- Data movement/management is a major pain point