GW’s Clinical Learning and Simulation Skills (CLASS) Center provides one of the most innovative educational environments in the nation. The CLASS Center enables students to supplement their classroom learning with the comprehensive clinical exposure, feedback, and evaluation that prepares them to become technically adept and compassionate caregivers.
The CLASS Center is seeking and Simulation IT Specialist to be part of the dynamic team that develops and delivers simulation scenarios for GW learners. The Simulation IT Specialist will oversee the technology infrastructure for theCLASS Center by ensuring all AV and IT equipment are integrated seamlessly.
- Oversees IT infrastructure for the Simulation Center
- Provides support, testing, maintenance, and training for all computers, hardware/software systems utilized by the Center on campus or at remote locations
- Represents the Center needs to the appropriate institutional personnel, organizations, and vendors
- Serves as the resource for all questions, issues, and problems with any IT or AV component in the Center
- Designs and implements a plan for asset management
- Submits budget requests for ongoing and future technology needs
- Serves as liaison between the Center and CASS
- Troubleshoots software and hardware problems
- Maintains the operating system licenses for the B-Line software and the hardware systems that accompany it
- Monitors video storage capacity and resolving storage capacity issues as needed
- Provides support, maintenance and integration of virtual reality and screen-based simulators
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position