Today GIGABYTE Technology announced that it has selected Cavium’s QLogic FastLinQ 10GbE and 25GbE Ethernet adapters and controllers for adoption across a broad portfolio of servers and differing form factors. These controllers support a comprehensive set of virtualization, Universal RDMA and multi-tenant services, enabling GIGABYTE server solutions to deliver higher performance options for the most sophisticated data centers, telcos and cloud providers.
GIGABYTE servers – across standard, Open Compute Platform (OCP) and rack scale form factors – deliver exceptional value, performance and scalability for multi-tenant cloud and virtualized enterprise datacenters,” said Etay Lee, GM of GIGABYTE Technology’s Server Division. “The addition of QLogic 10GbE and 25GbE FastLinQ Ethernet NICs in OCP and Standard form factors will enable delivery on all of the tenets of open standards, while enabling key virtualization technologies like SR-IOV and full offloads for overlay networks using VxLAN, NVGRE and GENEVE.”
“QLogic 10GbE/25GbE Ethernet NICs, with Universal RDMA are designed to accelerate access to networking and storage while using a general purpose network,” said Rajneesh Gaur. “Integration on GIGABYTE motherboards and servers will provide customers with an innovative solution delivering flexibility in choice of RDMA and cost savings for next generation Cloud, Web2.0 and Telco Data centers.”
Purpose built for accelerating and simplifying datacenter networking, QLogic FastLinQ Ethernet technology in GIGABYTE servers delivers:
- Broad Spectrum of Ethernet Connectivity Speeds – 10/25GbE to host the most demanding enterprise, telco and cloud applications and deliver scalability to drive business growth.
- Universal RDMA – Industry’s only network adapter that delivers customers technology choices and investment protection with concurrent support for RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP.
- Network Virtualization Offloads – Acceleration for Network Virtualization by offloading protocol processing for VxLAN,
- NVGRE, GRE and GENEVE, enabling customers to build and scale virtualized networks without impacting network performance.
- Server Virtualization – Optimize infrastructure costs and increase virtual machine density by leveraging in-built technologies like SR-IOV and NIC Partitioning (NPAR) that deliver acceleration and QoS for workloads and infrastructure traffic.
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Leading small packet performance up to 100GbE Ethernet connectivity, and integration with DPDK and OpenStack, enables Telco’s and NFV application vendors to seamlessly deploy, manage and accelerate the most demanding NFV workloads.
- OpenStack Integration: Cavium QLogic technologies, such as the Plug-in for Mirantis Fuel for automatic SR-IOV configuration across multiple OpenStack nodes, QConvergeConsole driven physical, and logical topology maps and functionality to deliver QoS for tenant workloads, are the key integration areas that enable hyperscale deployments with OpenStack.
GIGABYTE high performance server hardware will be available in Q1, 2017.