Extras in The Big Easy: Cigars, Bourbon, Pedicures, etc.
Massages and Pedicures
For those seeking to get away for a while, both Balance Spa & Fitness (in the Loews Hotel at 300 Poydras Street, 504.595.5333) and Spa Aria (214 Royal Street at the Hotel Monteleone, 504.523.9990) offer full arrays of massage, facial, manicure and pedicure services right in the heart of downtown.
For those seeking to explore the rest of the city, Belladonna Day Spa (2900 Magazine Street at Sixth, 504.891.4393) offers an equally impressive menu of services coupled with an uptown location close to some of the shopping in the city right in the heart of the famous Garden District.
Cigars and Tobacco
Thanks to its past (and present) as a bustling trade port, New Orleans has always offered wide varieties of tobacco. Cigar aficionados can sample for themselves at Havana Dream Cigars (1101 Decatur Street at Ursulines, 504.569.0630), which offers a wide variety of cigars and a comfortable lounge to enjoy them in. A little further into the French Quarter, Cigar Factory New Orleans (415 Decatur St., 504.568.1003) boasts a variety of cigars that are hand- rolled onsite by one of their eight in-house cigar masters.
- TRANSPORTATION AND SAFETY: Airport shuttles,cab numbers, and walking
- LOCALS GUIDE to the best of New Orleans cuisine
- FOOD AND NIGHTLIFE: Everything you need to know uptown to downtown; Vegetarian and southern foods, Bars, beer, wine, and bourbon. By Tom Connor
- EXTRAS Great massages and barely legal Cigars
- FICTION: The Three Magi of Katrina. By Rich Brueckner