In this video from the Exascale Computing in Astrophysics Conference in Switzerland, Jack Dongarra from the University of Tennessee presents: Algorithmic and Software Challenges For Numerical Libraries at Exascale.
Here is the latest rundown on who’s jumping ship and moving on up in high performance computing. The badges may change, but the faces remain the same.
In this podcast, the Radio Free HPC team looks at the coming wave of declustered RAID solutions designed to address the problem of ever-increasing RAID rebuild times. With 5 Terabyte and larger drives in the wings, RAID cluster rebuild times are becoming impractical.
Over at TechRadar, Julian Fielden from OCF writes that the users faced with almost insurmountable energy and cooling challenges will likely avoid owning and housing their own Exascale computing facilities and look to the “cloud” and on-demand services provided by much larger international suppliers. [Read More...]
In this special guest feature from Scientific Computing World, Dr. James Osborne from HPC Wales writes that distance learning techniques may help train the next generation of computational scientists. Simulation and modelling are now widely seen as the third pillar of science, alongside theory and experimentation. [Read More...]
- Mellanox Rolls Out LinkX Cables and Transceivers
- Cray Expands Manufacturing in Chippewa Falls
- IBM Launches Platform Computing Cloud Service
- Jülich Publishes Exascale Newsletter
- Job of the Week: Web & Interface Applications Group Manager at OSC
- How to Manage Exabytes of Distributed Data?
- OpenSFS Announces LUG 2014 Agenda