I’m on my way home from a series of Springtime HPC conferences with boatload of new videos and interviews on the latest in high performance computing. Here are some notable items that may have not made it to the front page.
In this video from the 2015 HPC Advisory Council Switzerland Conference, Oded Paz presents: Special Training Session for HPC Systems Managers and Users: EDR InfiniBand, Multicast Operations (setup flow and diagnostic tools), Traffic Load Balancing, InfiniBand Quality Of Service, System Debugging, and open Q&A.
Solving Navier-Sokes equations are popular because they describe the physics of in a number of areas of interest to scientists and engineers. By solving these equations, the flow velocity can be calculated, and then other quantities of interest, such as pressure or temperature may be determined.
Industry Perspectives"Today, energy companies mark the world leaders in commercial supercomputing. Companies like Total are utilizing high performance computing (HPC) to deliver an optimal combination of performance, price and efficiency. Supercomputers like Pangea deliver 10 times the computing capacity of the system it replaced, helping Total identify and exploit new reserves more effectively." [Read More...]
The E4 Computer Engineering team has garnered a solid reputation in Europe with high performance computing solutions for customers like CERN. To learn more, we caught up with Simone Tinti, who heads up the E4 HPC Team. [Read More...]
- Supercomputing the Mass Difference of Neutron and Protons
- HPC Market Update from Intersect360 Research
- Video: Application Experiences on DDN’s IME Burst Buffer
- Video: Increasing Cluster Throughput while Reducing Energy Consumption for GPU Workloads
- Job of the Week: Senior HPC GRID Engineer at PDT Partners
- HPC and Software Modernization
- Lenovo Opens HPC Innovation Center in Stuttgart, Readies SuperMUC Phase 2
- Going from the Lab to the Data Center
- Video: Slim Fly – A Cost Effective Low-Diameter Network Topology
- How Supercomputers Give Universities a Competitive Edge
- Internet of Things & What it Means to Fabrics
- Video: High-Performance and Scalable Designs of Programming Models for Exascale Systems
- insideHPC Guide to Open Computing