The Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe in Europe has published the first edition of PRACE Women in HPC Magazine, a collection of success stories celebrating the contribution women make to HPC and computational science. Designed to put the spotlight on the scientific advances made in the past year, the magazine tells the story of women who help make PRACE a world-leading force in HPC-enabled science and the march towards Exascale computing.
Today the Gauss Centre for Supercomputing (GCS) in Germany announced the award of close to 1 billion compute core hours to scientifically outstanding national research projects.
In some domains, an N-Body simulation is key to solving for the movement and forces of a dynamic system of particles. At each time step, the force that one body exacts on each other, and then the velocity can be computed. The simulation can continue up to a desired number of time steps.
Industry PerspectivesIn this podcast, Rich Brueckner reports back from the LUG 2015 Lustre User Group Meeting. With something like 188 attendees this year, LUG reflects a user community that has come together to foster the world’s fastest parallel file system. [Read More...]
The ISC High Performance conference brings out the very best in international supercomputing, and this year will be no exception with a host of content focused on HPC in Asia. Singapore has been a hotbed of HPC activity of late, so we caught up with Marek Michalewicz, who was recently named Chief Executive Officer at A*STAR Computational Resource Centre. [Read More...]
- Call for Papers: HiPEAC 2016 in Prague
- Sandia’s Mark Taylor Receives DOE Secretary’s Honor Award
- Call for Presentations: PBS Works User Group
- German HPC Leads European Research
- SC15 Announces Test of Time Award Winners
- Rescale Rolls Out Cloud HPC and Simulation Platform
- Comparing OpenACC and OpenMP Performance and Programmability
- HPC Appliance Computing Goes Virtual
- Interview: HPC Success Stories Session Coming to ISC 2015
- Colfax Receives Intel HPC Partner Of The Year Award
- Announcing AWS Educate: a Free Resource for Cloud Learning
- UPC and OpenSHMEM PGAS Models on GPU Clusters
- Advanced Clustering Builds 32 Teraflop “Buddy” Supercomputer