The SC14 conference has posted their full Technical Program schedule. “With SC’s new theme, “HPC matters”, SC14 attendees can expect a fresh look at high performance computing. SC14 will not only bring HPC’s emerging techniques and innovative applications to New Orleans, but they will also deliver a stronger message of just how much HPC impacts our lives.”
Researchers are using TACC’s Stampede supercomputer to study a common link between addiction and neurological disease. “XSEDE-allocated resources are fundamental to helping us understand of how drugs work. There’s no way we could perform these simulations on the machines we have in house.”
Following an international award for its performance in June this year — Robert Roe from Scientific Computing World visited the LRZ facility to find out what makes SuperMUC ideal for academic research projects.
- LAD’14 Issues Call for Participation
- Building the knoSYS 100 Genome Supercomputer
- #HPC Matters: What Would You Do with an Exaflop?
- Building Illustris with XSEDE Supercomputers
- Georg Hager Interview on the Parallel Universe Computing Challenge
- Video: Combining Performance and Portability
- New Mellanox Cables Simplify Datacenter Installations
- HPC People on the Move: July Edition
- When Students Compete, the Whole HPC Community Wins
- Interview with Winners of the 2014 PRACE Award
- Radio Free HPC does the ISC’14 Wrapup Show
- HPCAC Spain Conference Publishes Agenda for Sept. 24
- Studying the Cosmic Dark Ages with Petascale Supercomputing