I’m on my way home from a series of Springtime HPC conferences with boatload of new videos and interviews on the latest in high performance computing. Here are some notable items that may have not made it to the front page.
In this video from the 2015 HPC Advisory Council Switzerland Conference, Oded Paz presents: Special Training Session for HPC Systems Managers and Users: EDR InfiniBand, Multicast Operations (setup flow and diagnostic tools), Traffic Load Balancing, InfiniBand Quality Of Service, System Debugging, and open Q&A.
Solving Navier-Sokes equations are popular because they describe the physics of in a number of areas of interest to scientists and engineers. By solving these equations, the flow velocity can be calculated, and then other quantities of interest, such as pressure or temperature may be determined.
Industry Perspectives"We’ve grown substantially and matured as a company. We’ve expanded our customer base. We’ve hired many talented people who have strengthened our core technical, administrative, legal, and management teams. We’re in the final stages of perfecting the design of our next generation, “Washington”, quantum processor. We’ve cemented new business relationships with companies, including 1QBit, DNA-SEQ, and QxBranch, aiming to develop software for our platform. And we have gained a deeper understanding of the best ways to harness quantum computing resources." [Read More...]
Over at Enterprise Storage Forum, Henry Newman comes out of the shortest retirement period since Brett Favre in order to take Backblaze to task on their recent disk reliability study. "With a known lower hard error rate, why would Backblaze use consumer drives for an enterprise application? Maybe they do not think their users’ backup data is that important and believe that all that is needed is consumer drives. Nothing has changed from last year; there is no comparison of consumer and enterprise drives." [Read More...]
- Supercomputing the Mass Difference of Neutron and Protons
- HPC Market Update from Intersect360 Research
- Video: Application Experiences on DDN’s IME Burst Buffer
- Video: Increasing Cluster Throughput while Reducing Energy Consumption for GPU Workloads
- Job of the Week: Senior HPC GRID Engineer at PDT Partners
- HPC and Software Modernization
- Lenovo Opens HPC Innovation Center in Stuttgart, Readies SuperMUC Phase 2
- Going from the Lab to the Data Center
- Video: Slim Fly – A Cost Effective Low-Diameter Network Topology
- How Supercomputers Give Universities a Competitive Edge
- Internet of Things & What it Means to Fabrics
- Video: High-Performance and Scalable Designs of Programming Models for Exascale Systems
- insideHPC Guide to Open Computing