In this video from SC14, Patrick Wohlschlegel from Allinea Software demonstrates how the company’s Performance Reports took has been integrated into HP’s cluster management system for system administrators.
If you open the back of today’s HPC cluster you will see lots of cables. There are any number of cables including those for power, Ethernet, InfiniBand , Fibre Channel, KVM, and others. The current situation creates the need for complex configuration and administration.
In this video from SC14, Torben Kling-Petersen from Seagate describes an upcoming deployment of a 55 Petabyte Lustre file system in Hamburg, Germany. The ClusterStor deployment will be the most energy-efficient file system of its kind in the world upon installation.
Cydney Ewald Stevens writes that attendees of the upcoming StartupHPC Meetup at SC14 are in for amazing day of helpful content on Nov. 17 in New Orleans. [Read More…]
Over at the VMware CTO Office, Josh Simons writes that HPC efforts are stepping at the company with new staffing and some exciting InfiniBand performance improvements that could help make virtualization a widespread technology for high performance computing. [Read More…]
- Indian Research Labs Speed Code Development with Allinea
- Interview: Advancing Computational Chemistry with NWChem
- Tesla K80 GPU Sets New Records on STAC-A2 Financial Benchmark
- Austrians Monitor Flood Waters with Visual Analysis System
- KAUST to Acquire Cray XC40
- Bright Computing Powers Aircraft Design at University of Stuttgart
- A New Open Ethernet Switch Abstraction Interface from Mellanox
- How Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tops the Agenda
- Video: Seagate Steps up to HPC
- Video: Convergence of Extreme Computing and Big Data
- Earthquake Prediction Using the Blue Waters Supercomputer
- A Livermore Perspective on Next-Generation Computing
- Job of the Week: HPC IO Engineer at Intel