System availability has become an increasing concern as high capacity drives have come to market in recent years. While availability has not traditionally been a chief concern in HPC, it has now become of paramount importance. Large capacity drives expose systems to multiple-day rebuild times and extended periods of vulnerability to data loss using traditional hardware based RAID.
Today NASA announced a 1 Petaflop upgrade to Pleiades, the agency’s flagship supercomputer.
It’s been four years since the SC supercomputing conference came to the great city of New Orleans. At insideHPC, we are getting ready with an all-new Print ‘n Fly Guide to SC14 New Orleans. To give you a taste of what’s to come, we’ve updated our popular Local’s Guide to New Orleans Cuisine. With the very best restaurants listed by neighborhood, the Local’s Guide is one of the most popular fixtures on insideHPC.
- SGI Wins Big at HPCMP
- Interview: A New Approach to High Performance, Massive Density Storage
- Mellanox NICs to Support Microsoft Open CloudServer for Hyperscale
- IU to Develop Data Analysis Tools with NSF Grant
- E4 Computer Engineering to Resell Bright Computing Manager
- Why IBM is Not Backing Away from Hardware
- Panasas Ships ActiveStor 16 Hybrid Scale-Out NAS Appliance
- Dates Announced for 2015 HPC Advisory Council Stanford Conference
- Unleashing the Power of Parallel Storage
- Saving Lives with Supercomputer Storm Simulations
- IDC Breakast Briefing Returns to New Orleans on Tuesday, Nov. 18
- DDN Launches New S3 Gateway to WOS Object Storage
- Radio Free HPC Looks at the IBM Global Foundries Deal