The ClusterStor SDA is built on Seagate’s successful ClusterStor family of high performance storage solutions for HPC and Big Data, providing unmatched file system performance, optimized productivity and the HPC industry’s highest levels of efficiency, reliability, availability and serviceability. Taking full advantage of the Lustre file system, Seagate ClusterStor is designed for massive scale-out performance and capacity, with the ability to support from hundreds to tens-of-thousands of client compute nodes delivering data intensive workload throughput from several GB/sec to over 1TB/sec.
In this video, Bill Kramer from NCSA describes the ground-breaking science enabled by the Blue Waters supercomputer.
Today the Indiana University Global Research Network Operations Center (GlobalNOC) today announced the award of a major new five-year, $4.8 million grant from the NSF.
Industry Perspectives"Broadly speaking, Battery invests globally in cutting-edge, category-defining businesses in markets including enterprise IT, software and services, e-commerce, digital media and industrial technologies. And we invest at every stage of a company’s lifecycle from seed to buyout. From there, we are looking for big markets. Entrepreneurs who are building a great team and attacking a huge market opportunity are always of interest to us. We are also watching the tectonic shifts brought on by trends like cloud computing, big data and mobile, and working to identify the companies that are taking advantage of those trends to help define, or in many cases re-define, industries." [Read More...]
The doors will soon open, the curtains will rise – and what really #HPCMatters will shine in the floodlights of New Orleans. It will be the applications of HPC that define this SC conference - where the life/business/world-impacting results are found. Applications are the sharp end of the mission. But who or what lies behind application successes? [Read More...]
- Podcast: A Tour of the Universe & Selected Cosmic Mysteries
- Code Modernization – Why it is so Important
- Video: Teachers Shoot a Visual Tour of SC14 in New Orleans
- Supercomputing Frontiers to Explore Exascale in Singapore, March 17-20
- Cray XC40 Hornet Supercomputer Scales to 96K Cores on Scientific Applications
- NICE DCV 2014 Does Remote 3D Applications in the Cloud
- Video: HPC to Transform Grad Student Careers at SC15
- Clusters For Dummies
- HPC People on the Move: March Edition
- Radio Free HPC Polarizes Over Net Neutrality
- Predictions for HPC in 2015 from Intersect360 Research
- ARM Joins OpenMP ARB
- Slidecast: John Gustafson Explains Energy Efficient Unum Computing