At SC14, the Texas Advanced Computing Center announced that high performance computing veteran John West has been named director of Strategic Initiatives for The University of Texas at Austin.
Today the Jülich Supercomputing Centre announced that Dr. Bernd Mohr has been elected General Chair of the SC17 Supercomputing Conference. This is the first time that somebody outside the USA will chair the most important conference for high performance computing, which has been running for the last 26 years.
In this podcast, Rich, Dan, and Henry review the year in HPC. It was a wild ride, and here we highlight some of our best shows from the past twelve months and the technology milestones that made 2014 a banner year in high performance computing. And did I mention we have a few laughs along the way?
“The independent software vendors, which make the programs that scientists and engineers would like to use in the cloud, are not sure how they can license their software for such an environment. As Felix Wolfheimer of CST remarked, in a moment of candor: “There is a lot of fear in the sales department about opening up the licensing model’ so that software licenses will be flexible enough for use in the cloud.” [Read More…]
In this podcast, the Radio Free HPC team discusses a new Paypal project that is leveraging TI Keystone DSP processors for systems intelligence. “Paypal has developed a novel approach to systems intelligence. By analyzing their chaotic real-time server data, they can produce organized, intelligent results using HP’s Moonshot server powered by TI DSP processors.” [Read More…]
- Job of the Week: Software Development Engineer at AWS
- Video: William Edsall of Dow on Why HPC Matters
- Call for Workshop Submissions: ISC High Performance 2015
- How HPC Cluster Manager Integrates Allinea Performance Reports
- Indian Research Labs Speed Code Development with Allinea
- Interview: Advancing Computational Chemistry with NWChem
- Tesla K80 GPU Sets New Records on STAC-A2 Financial Benchmark
- Managing Cluster Complexity
- Seagate Prepares 55 Petabyte File System for German Climatology Department
- Austrians Monitor Flood Waters with Visual Analysis System
- How Nirvana Software Provides Sophisticated Metadata Management
- KAUST to Acquire Cray XC40
- Bright Computing Powers Aircraft Design at University of Stuttgart