The ClusterStor SDA is built on Seagate’s successful ClusterStor family of high performance storage solutions for HPC and Big Data, providing unmatched file system performance, optimized productivity and the HPC industry’s highest levels of efficiency, reliability, availability and serviceability. Taking full advantage of the Lustre file system, Seagate ClusterStor is designed for massive scale-out performance and capacity, with the ability to support from hundreds to tens-of-thousands of client compute nodes delivering data intensive workload throughput from several GB/sec to over 1TB/sec.
In this video, Bill Kramer from NCSA describes the ground-breaking science enabled by the Blue Waters supercomputer.
Today the Indiana University Global Research Network Operations Center (GlobalNOC) today announced the award of a major new five-year, $4.8 million grant from the NSF.
Industry PerspectivesAn innovative artist named Janet Echelman is using HPC to build amazing floating sculptures. "She builds and installs some of the most beautiful and permanent outdoor installations to be found anywhere. This is because her installations are made of a special netting that flows and billows with the wind, yet is strong and stable enough to weather the forces of nature year round. In 2011, Janet explained her journey to creating such lovely sculptures in her TED talk, seen now by over 1.2 million people around the world. I invite you to become one of them." [Read More...]
"High performance computing (HPC) is inextricably linked to innovation, fueling breakthroughs in science, engineering, and business. HPC is viewed as a cost-effective tool for speeding up the R&D process, and two-thirds of all US-based companies that use HPC say that “increasing performance of computational models is a matter of competitive survival.” [Read More...]
- Podcast: A Tour of the Universe & Selected Cosmic Mysteries
- Code Modernization – Why it is so Important
- Video: Teachers Shoot a Visual Tour of SC14 in New Orleans
- Supercomputing Frontiers to Explore Exascale in Singapore, March 17-20
- Cray XC40 Hornet Supercomputer Scales to 96K Cores on Scientific Applications
- NICE DCV 2014 Does Remote 3D Applications in the Cloud
- Video: HPC to Transform Grad Student Careers at SC15
- Clusters For Dummies
- HPC People on the Move: March Edition
- Radio Free HPC Polarizes Over Net Neutrality
- Predictions for HPC in 2015 from Intersect360 Research
- ARM Joins OpenMP ARB
- Slidecast: John Gustafson Explains Energy Efficient Unum Computing