Dr. Lewey Anton reports on who’s jumping ship and moving on up in high performance computing.
In this special guest feature from Scientific Computing World, Jon Bashor from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory describes how the Student Cluster Competitions benefit the HPC community at large.
In this podcast, the Radio Free HPC team reviews the highlights from ISC’14 including Intel’s new Omni Scale Fabric and the World’s First 100Gb/s EDR InfiniBand Switch from Mellanox.
“It is quite clear that the global economies that invest in modelling and simulation are those that will, over time, gain the greatest competitive advantage and reap the largest economic benefits. Hence the current scramble to invest in large-scale leading-edge HPC systems worldwide. There is a clear understanding worldwide that the net economic impact of such systems greatly outweighs the amount of money spent procuring them.” [Read More...]
A new tool called Allinea Performance Reports is allowing Cardiff University researchers to see clearly what is happening within their HPC system. [Read More...]
“Creating the right sound profile for a product is increasingly complicated. The current emphasis on energy efficiency and smaller environmental footprints, driven by government mandates and consumer preferences, influences the design of vehicles, aircraft, personal electronics and household appliances. Integrating acoustic simulation software into their design processes gives them insight before their products hit the showroom floor – or in other words, when it’s too late.” [Read More...]
- Video: Combining Performance and Portability
- New Mellanox Cables Simplify Datacenter Installations
- Interview with Winners of the 2014 PRACE Award
- HPCAC Spain Conference Publishes Agenda for Sept. 24
- Studying the Cosmic Dark Ages with Petascale Supercomputing
- Using Surrogate Benchmarks to Project HPC Application Performance
- Can Nvidia Outsmart Intel in HPC?
- This Week in HPC: Key Executives Leaving Cray and IBM Elastic Storage Stretches to the Cloud
- Job of the Week: Executive Director at Brown University Center for Computation and Visualization
- Intel Adds Vector Instructions for Knights Landing
- ARM as an Enabler for HPC Co-Design
- PASC14 Visualization Winner Shows Coaxial Jet Flow
- Virtualization Breaks HPC Efficiency Barrier