This year at SC11, we saw overwhelming demand for our in-booth videos. In fact, this page showcases 30 HPC Vendors who engaged with insideHPC to capture the best of what they have to offer the HPC community.
SC11 Featured Videos (Alphabetical by Vendor Name)
- Video: Altair Teams with Cray for Big System Job Scheduling at SC11. In this video, Cray’s Peg Williams discusses why PBS Pro job scheduling software from Altair is so important for customers seeking to get maximum utilization from their supercomputers. The two companies have a long-standing relationship, and Altair software is used on many of the largest supercomputers on the planet.
- Altair’s PBS Pro Powers CILEA Consortium at SC11. In this video, Claudio Arlandini describes how the CILEA consortium in Italy uses PBS Pro software from Altair to manage its supercomputing workloads.
- SC11 – Avere Systems Breaks IOPs Record. In this video, Avere Systems’ Rebecca Thompson describes the company’s innovative NAS Optimization products and how they enabled a world record in IOPs.
- BlueArc Does Big Data at SC11. In this video, Bjorn Andersson from BlueArc discusses the company’s advanced storage solutions for Big Data and HPC.
- Convey Hybird Core Computing at SC11. In this video, Bruce Toal from Convey Computer discusses how the company’s hybrd systems provide superior performance on graph computing applications.
- Convey Computer Rocks the Graph500 at SC11. In this video, Kirby Collins from Convey Computer discusses why the company’s hybrid-core architecture is so effective on Graph500 computing applications.
- Cray Sonexion Storage Takes Lustre to Infinite Scale. In this video, Cray’s Barry Bolding describes the company’s new storage offering– the Cray Sonexion, powered by Lustre. After that, Derek Robb shows us Cray’s “Single Pane of Glass” storage management software.
- Dell Research Computing at SC11. In this video, Tim Carroll from Dell describes how the company’s research customers are using Dell supercomputers to fight cancer and other diseases.
HPC Advisory Council
- HPC Advisory Council at SC11. In this video, Gilad Shainer from the HPC Advisory Council describes the organization’s efforts to share best practices and do outreach and education with support of the Student Cluster Challenge at SC11 and ISC’12.
insideHPC (SC11 Panel Session video produced by insideHPC)
- HPC Analyst Crossfire. In this video, Addison Snell, a leading HPC analyst with Intersect360 Research, moderates this lively panel discussion, in which he asks visionary leaders from the supercomputing community to comment on forward-looking trends that will shape the industry in 2012 and beyond.
- IBM Intelligent Clusters at SC11. In this video, IBM’s Chris Espinosa describes the company’s intelligent cluster systems for HPC. He then goes on to show a demo where GPU powered HS22 blades and IDataplex platforms provide a 10x speedup on a heart MRI application.
- IBM BladeCenter H Systems at SC11. In this video, IBM’s Keith Olsen describes the company’s BladeCenter H systems for HPC. Over 10 percent of the TOP500 systems are based on the BladeCenter H platform.
- Autovectorization Tools for Intel MIC. In this video, Intel’s Noah Clemons demonstrates how Intel’s Autovectorization Tools speed up code on the Intel MIC architecture.
- Weather Forecasting Apps on Intel MIC. In this video, John Michalakes from NREL discusses how weather forecasting applications were ported to the Intel MIC architecture.
- Atomic Reconstruction Apps on Intel MIC. In this video, Intel’s Beth Reinders shows how Atomic Reconstruction applications have ported to linear scaling on the Intel MIC architecture.
- NICS – Scientific Applications for Intel MIC Architecture.In this video, R. Glenn Brook from NICS presents: Scientific Applications for Intel MIC Architecture.
- Intel Mic Cluster Apps at NICS. In this video, Ryan Hulguin from NICS at Oak Ridge discusses how his organization has ported multiple scientific cluster applications to the Intel MIC architecture.
- Press Conference: Intel Does a Teraflop on a Single Chip at SC11. In this video, Intel’s Raj Hazra announces the company’s new Knights Corner HPC platform, which is capable of 1 Teraflop of performance on a single chip.
- Intel Tools for Threaded Parallelism at SC11. In this video, Intel’s Ronald Green demonstrates the company’s tools for threaded parallelism.
- Intel MIC Powers Simulation of Gas Dynamics Inside a Star. In this video, Dr. Paul Woodward from the University of Minnesota discusses how he ported gas dynamics codes to run on the Intel MIC architecture.
- Knights Corner vs. ASCI Red – First to Teraflops. In this video, Intel’s James Reinders talks about how far technology has progressed since 1997 when Intel’s ASCI Red supercomputer broke the Teraflop barrier. The company recently announced that their Knights Corner chip achieved the same performance on a single chip.
- LexisNexis at SC11 – Open Source HPCC Solves Complex Data Queries for Big Data Challenges. In this video, John Holt from LexisNexis describes the company’s HPCC Open Source Solution designed to solve complex data queries and big data challenges for HPC.
- Mellanox FDR InfiniBand at SC11. In this video, Gilad Shainer from Mellanox discusses the impact FDR InfiniBand is making on the HPC and TOP500 landscape. He also describes new virtualized GPU technology enabled by IB’s low latency and new MPI communication libraries.
- Myricom Speeds 10 GigE Interconnects at SC11. In this video, Myricom’s Nan Boden discusses how the company brings supercomputer-class performance to 10Gig Ethernet.
- The New Open Benchmark for Lustre. In this video, Eric Barton of Whamcloud and Gerard Meluso of NetApp discuss the new Open Benchmark for Lustre.
- Steve Scott at SC11. In this video, Nvidia’s Steve Scott talks about why he came to the company to become CTO of the Tesla Business. He then goes on to describe why the GPU-powered Cray XK6 Titan supercomputer at Oak Ridge is an important milestone on the road to Exascale computing.
- Cuda Reaches 5th Birthday at SC11. In this video, Nvidia’s Ian Buck talks about how Cuda turned 5 years old this week at SC11. He also talks about OpenACC, a new open parallel programming standard designed to enable the millions of scientific and technical programmers to easily take advantage of the transformative power of heterogeneous CPU/GPU computing systems.
- Panasas Ramps up for pNFS Future at SC11. In this video, Geoffrey Noer from Panasas discusses the company’s high performance storage solutions and how the pNFS standard will be a game-changer for HPC in the near future.
- Penguin Computing at SC11. In this video, Penguin Computing CTO Phil Pokorny discusses the company’s latest innovation–an APU-based supercomputer deployed at Sandia National Labs.
PGI – The Portland Group
- The Portland Group Showcases the PGI Accelerator at SC11. In this video, Doug Miles from The Portland Group discusses how the PGI Accelerator, which is designed to help programmers make their code go faster on x64+GPU platforms.
- Platform Computing at SC11. In this video, Platform Computing CEO Songnian Zhou talks about the future of the company’s HPC software technologies.
- QLogic TrueScale InfiniBand at SC11. In this video, Joe Yaworski from QLogic discusses the company’s TOP500 momentum with their TrueScale InfiniBand technology.
Run Time Design Automation (RTDA)
- Runtime Design Automation Speeds Job Scheduling at SC11. In this video, Andrea Casotto from Runtime Design Automation demonstrates how the company’s high performance job scheduling software outperforms the competition.
- ScaleMP Foundation 4.0 Aggregates Big SMPs, Clusters, and Clouds at SC11. In this video, Shai Fultheim from ScaleMP discusses the company’s new Foundation 4.0 software, which allows customers to aggregate servers into a single system image.
- Solarflare Application Acceleration at SC11. In this video, Solarflare President and CEO Russel Stern describes the company’s kernel bypass technology designed to deliver exremely low latency for extreme application performance. Solarflare has enjoyed great success in financial markets at places like the New York Stock Exchange and is now taking their solutions to the general HPC marketplace.
- Spectra Logic at SC11. In this video, Spectra Logic CMO Molly Rector describes the company’s latest tape storage technologies at SC11 in Seattle.
- StackIQ Big Data Infrastructure Management at SC11. In this video Tim McIntire from StackIQ discusses how the company’s Big Infrastructure Management soluitons make it easy to deploy cloud computing for Big Data applications.
- Supermicro at SC11. In this video, Don Clegg from Supermicro describes the company’s wide breadth of products for the HPC market.
- Terascala Demos TISIS 3.0 Lustre Management Software at SC11. In this video, Oz Rentas from Terascala demonstrates the company’s TISIS 3.0 software, a “wrapper” that makes Lustre easier to manage..
- Terascala at SC11. In this video, Terascala’s Rick Friedman discusses how the company provides real-time storage optimization for Lustre.
- Texas Instruments Multicore DSPs for HPC at SC11. In this video, Ramesh Kumar from Texas Instruments describes the company’slow-power multicore DSP processors for HPC applications.
- Univa Grid Engine at SC11. In this video, Univa’s Rob Secontine talls about how the company supports and extends Univa Grid Engine software with robust features for HPC and Big Data.
- VMware Update on HPC Virtualization at SC11. In this video, Josh Simons from VMware provides an update on how virtualization technologies are being adopted by HPC. Recorded at SC11 in Seattle.
- Lustre Community Update – Peter Bojanic from Xyratex at SC11. In this video, Peter Bojanic from Xyratex discusses the state of the Lustre Community at SC11.
- Xyratex Showcases ClusterStor for Lustre at SC11. In this video, Mike Stolz from Xyratex describes the company’s high performance ClusterStor Lustre storage products at SC11.