Featured Videos from ISC’12
- Steering HPC Cluster Jobs with the Altair PBS Pro Workload Manager. In this video, HP’s Ed Turkel discusses the importance of robust workload management software for HPC clusters. The company partners with Altair to package PBS Professional workload management software with its systems so that customers can get up and running their applications easily.
- Ciara Innovates with Liquid Cooling for Personal Supercomputers. In this video, Patrick Scateni from Ciara Technologies describes the company’s new liquid-cooled, high-density line of personal supercomputers. Ciara is Canada’ largest server manufacturer, and their industrial-design is world-class.
- Gnodal Speeds HPC with Fully Adaptive Load Balancing Fabric. In this video, Gnodal CTO Fred Homewood describes the company’s high bandwidth, low latency 40 GigE Ethernet switch solutions for HPC and the Enterprise.
- HPC Advisory Council
- HPC Advisory Council Update: Student Cluster Results and Upcoming Workshops. In this video, Gilad Shainer, Chairman of the HPC Advisory Council discusses the recent European HPC Workshop, ISC Student Cluster Competition, and upcoming meetings in Spain and China for 2012.
- HPC Advisory Council European Workshop 2012 videos:
- Opening Session: HPC Advisory Council European Workshop
- HPC at C-DAC: Capability and Capacity
- Intel Cluster Ready
- DDN Storage – Designed for Scale
- Dragonfly vs. Fat-tree — the Future of Cluster Topologies
- Towards Energy Efficiency Exascale Computing
- New Accelerations for Parallel Programing
- Understanding the Bulldozer Architecture
- Achieving Ultra-low Latency in the Cloud
- HPC at the University of Colorado and the Student Cluster Competition
- HPC Market Trends from 451 Group (June 2012)
- Xyratex – The Next Gen in Storage Performance
- Running GPFS over Obsidian
- Platform Moves Beyond Acquisition to Shape IBM Technical Computing. In this video, Jay Muelhoefer, Worldwide Marketing Executive at IBM discusses how Platform Computing has transitioned into its new role in shaping technical computing at Big Blue.
- IBM Blue Gene/Q and iDataPlex at ISC’12. In this video, Jay Muelhoefer, Worldwide Marketing Executive at IBM describes the innovated Blue Gene/Q technology that powers the Sequoia supercomputer. Sequoia came in at #1 on the TOP500 with 16.3 Petaflops of performance.
- Intel Xeon Phi to Provide Easy Access to Parallelism. In this video, James Reinders from Intel describes the company’s new Xeon Phi co-processors and how they provide programmers with access to parallelism while preserving compatibility.
- Demo: NetApp Wrangles Lustre with Terascala Management Software. In this video, Branislav Radovanovic from NetApp demonstrates how to administrate the NetApp High Performance Computing Solution for Lustre using Terascala’s storage management software.
- NetApp Tackles Huge IO Storage Requirements for #1 Sequoia Supercomputer. In this video, Bryan Berezdivin from NetApp describes the company’s recent storage deployment for the Sequoia supercomputer at LLNL
- Mellanox Tips the Scales on the TOP500 with FDR InfiniBand. In this video, Mellanox VP of Market Development Gilad Shainer discusses new product developments and how InfiniBand has grown to dominate the TOP500.
- Micron at ISC’12 Hamburg. In this video, Dean Klein, VP of Memory System Development at Micron discusses the company’s memory and flash solutions for High Performance Computing.
- CUDA and Dynamic Parallelsim Ease Access to GPU Performance. In this video, Nvidia’s Ian Buck describes recent advancements in GPU computing including the new Kepler architecture, Cuda 5, and Dynamic Parallelism. Recorded at ISC’12 in Hamburg.
- How Panasas Parallel Storage Tames the Big Data Beast. In this video, Geoffrey Noer from Panasas discusses how the company’s parallel storage solution helps custtomers tame the Big Data Beast. Recorded at ISC’12 in Hamburg.
- For HPC Energy Efficiency, Samsung 20-nm Memory Fab Makes a Difference. In this video, Peyman Blumstengel from Samsung describes the reasons why the fabrication process used by your system memory vendor really matters for HPC clusters in terms of energy efficiency, performance, and sustainability.
- ScaleMP vSMP Foundation to Support Intel Xeon Phi. In this video, ScaleMP CEO Shai Fultheim describes the company’s recent announcement of vSMP Foundation support for the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor.
- Interview: SGI’s Big Brain Supercomputer Enables Scientific Discovery. In this video, Bill Mannel from SGI discusses the new “Big Brain” supercomputer called the SGI Altix UV 2. He also describes the company’s new Sandy Bridge clusters solutions, TOP500 results, and a recent win in Finland for a container-based supercomputer. Recorded at ISC’12 in Hamburg.
- Spectra Logic
- Spectra Logic Brings High Performance to Big Data Tape at ISC’12. In this video. Molly Rector from Spectra Logic describes the company’s high-performance, Big Data tape storage solutions for the HPC market.
- The Portland Group
- Michael Wolfe from PGI on the Range of Parallel Alternatives for Programmers. In this video, Michael Wolfe from The Portland Group discusses recent tutorials on OpenACC, the glut of available HPC architectures, and what the advent of 1.5-million-core systems means to programmers. Recorded at ISC’12 in Hamburg.
- T-Platforms: Supercomputing for an Emerging Market in Russia. In this video, Elena Churakova from T-Platforms describes how the Russian supercomputing vendor takes its advanced technology into the nation’s emerging market for high performance computing. Recorded at ISC’12 in Hamburg.
- Interview: T-Platforms Leads HPC Technology out of Russia. In this video, T-Platforms Chief Architect Andrey Slepuhin describes the company’s solutions for HPC. The leader in Russian supercomputing, T-Platforms recently announced a desktop cluster solution called the T-Mini P.
- An Update on Virtualization Technologies for HPC. In this video, Josh Simons from VMware discusses how virtualization technologies are making inroads into traditional HPC.
- Xyratex Commitment to Lustre and OpenSFS. In this video, Torben Kling-Petersen from Xyratex discusses the company’s commitment to the Lustre file system and why it is important for them to be a Promoter-level member of the OpenSFS community.
- Mike Stolz on the new ClusterStor 6000 for HPC. In this video, Mike Stolz from Xyratex describes the company’s new ClusterStor 6000 product and why Xyratex is leading the way in HPC storage with performance without sacrificing reliability.
This year at SC11, we saw overwhelming demand for our in-booth videos. In fact, this page showcases 30 HPC Vendors who engaged with insideHPC to capture the best of what they have to offer the HPC community.
SC11 Featured Videos (Alphabetical by Vendor Name)
- Video: Altair Teams with Cray for Big System Job Scheduling at SC11. In this video, Cray’s Peg Williams discusses why PBS Pro job scheduling software from Altair is so important for customers seeking to get maximum utilization from their supercomputers. The two companies have a long-standing relationship, and Altair software is used on many of the largest supercomputers on the planet.
- Altair’s PBS Pro Powers CILEA Consortium at SC11. In this video, Claudio Arlandini describes how the CILEA consortium in Italy uses PBS Pro software from Altair to manage its supercomputing workloads.
- SC11 – Avere Systems Breaks IOPs Record. In this video, Avere Systems’ Rebecca Thompson describes the company’s innovative NAS Optimization products and how they enabled a world record in IOPs.
- BlueArc Does Big Data at SC11. In this video, Bjorn Andersson from BlueArc discusses the company’s advanced storage solutions for Big Data and HPC.
- Convey Hybird Core Computing at SC11. In this video, Bruce Toal from Convey Computer discusses how the company’s hybrd systems provide superior performance on graph computing applications.
- Convey Computer Rocks the Graph500 at SC11. In this video, Kirby Collins from Convey Computer discusses why the company’s hybrid-core architecture is so effective on Graph500 computing applications.
- Cray Sonexion Storage Takes Lustre to Infinite Scale. In this video, Cray’s Barry Bolding describes the company’s new storage offering– the Cray Sonexion, powered by Lustre. After that, Derek Robb shows us Cray’s “Single Pane of Glass” storage management software.
- Dell Research Computing at SC11. In this video, Tim Carroll from Dell describes how the company’s research customers are using Dell supercomputers to fight cancer and other diseases.
HPC Advisory Council
- HPC Advisory Council at SC11. In this video, Gilad Shainer from the HPC Advisory Council describes the organization’s efforts to share best practices and do outreach and education with support of the Student Cluster Challenge at SC11 and ISC’12.
- IBM Intelligent Clusters at SC11. In this video, IBM’s Chris Espinosa describes the company’s intelligent cluster systems for HPC. He then goes on to show a demo where GPU powered HS22 blades and IDataplex platforms provide a 10x speedup on a heart MRI application.
- IBM BladeCenter H Systems at SC11. In this video, IBM’s Keith Olsen describes the company’s BladeCenter H systems for HPC. Over 10 percent of the TOP500 systems are based on the BladeCenter H platform.
- Autovectorization Tools for Intel MIC. In this video, Intel’s Noah Clemons demonstrates how Intel’s Autovectorization Tools speed up code on the Intel MIC architecture.
- Weather Forecasting Apps on Intel MIC. In this video, John Michalakes from NREL discusses how weather forecasting applications were ported to the Intel MIC architecture.
- Atomic Reconstruction Apps on Intel MIC. In this video, Intel’s Beth Reinders shows how Atomic Reconstruction applications have ported to linear scaling on the Intel MIC architecture.
- NICS – Scientific Applications for Intel MIC Architecture.In this video, R. Glenn Brook from NICS presents: Scientific Applications for Intel MIC Architecture.
- Intel Mic Cluster Apps at NICS. In this video, Ryan Hulguin from NICS at Oak Ridge discusses how his organization has ported multiple scientific cluster applications to the Intel MIC architecture.
- Press Conference: Intel Does a Teraflop on a Single Chip at SC11. In this video, Intel’s Raj Hazra announces the company’s new Knights Corner HPC platform, which is capable of 1 Teraflop of performance on a single chip.
- Intel Tools for Threaded Parallelism at SC11. In this video, Intel’s Ronald Green demonstrates the company’s tools for threaded parallelism.
- Intel MIC Powers Simulation of Gas Dynamics Inside a Star. In this video, Dr. Paul Woodward from the University of Minnesota discusses how he ported gas dynamics codes to run on the Intel MIC architecture.
- Knights Corner vs. ASCI Red – First to Teraflops. In this video, Intel’s James Reinders talks about how far technology has progressed since 1997 when Intel’s ASCI Red supercomputer broke the Teraflop barrier. The company recently announced that their Knights Corner chip achieved the same performance on a single chip.
- LexisNexis at SC11 – Open Source HPCC Solves Complex Data Queries for Big Data Challenges. In this video, John Holt from LexisNexis describes the company’s HPCC Open Source Solution designed to solve complex data queries and big data challenges for HPC.
- Mellanox FDR InfiniBand at SC11. In this video, Gilad Shainer from Mellanox discusses the impact FDR InfiniBand is making on the HPC and TOP500 landscape. He also describes new virtualized GPU technology enabled by IB’s low latency and new MPI communication libraries.
- Myricom Speeds 10 GigE Interconnects at SC11. In this video, Myricom’s Nan Boden discusses how the company brings supercomputer-class performance to 10Gig Ethernet.
- The New Open Benchmark for Lustre. In this video, Eric Barton of Whamcloud and Gerard Meluso of NetApp discuss the new Open Benchmark for Lustre.
- Steve Scott at SC11. In this video, Nvidia’s Steve Scott talks about why he came to the company to become CTO of the Tesla Business. He then goes on to describe why the GPU-powered Cray XK6 Titan supercomputer at Oak Ridge is an important milestone on the road to Exascale computing.
- Cuda Reaches 5th Birthday at SC11. In this video, Nvidia’s Ian Buck talks about how Cuda turned 5 years old this week at SC11. He also talks about OpenACC, a new open parallel programming standard designed to enable the millions of scientific and technical programmers to easily take advantage of the transformative power of heterogeneous CPU/GPU computing systems.
- Panasas Ramps up for pNFS Future at SC11. In this video, Geoffrey Noer from Panasas discusses the company’s high performance storage solutions and how the pNFS standard will be a game-changer for HPC in the near future.
- Penguin Computing at SC11. In this video, Penguin Computing CTO Phil Pokorny discusses the company’s latest innovation–an APU-based supercomputer deployed at Sandia National Labs.
PGI – The Portland Group
- The Portland Group Showcases the PGI Accelerator at SC11. In this video, Doug Miles from The Portland Group discusses how the PGI Accelerator, which is designed to help programmers make their code go faster on x64+GPU platforms.
- Platform Computing at SC11. In this video, Platform Computing CEO Songnian Zhou talks about the future of the company’s HPC software technologies.
- QLogic TrueScale InfiniBand at SC11. In this video, Joe Yaworski from QLogic discusses the company’s TOP500 momentum with their TrueScale InfiniBand technology.
Run Time Design Automation (RTDA)
- Runtime Design Automation Speeds Job Scheduling at SC11. In this video, Andrea Casotto from Runtime Design Automation demonstrates how the company’s high performance job scheduling software outperforms the competition.
- ScaleMP Foundation 4.0 Aggregates Big SMPs, Clusters, and Clouds at SC11. In this video, Shai Fultheim from ScaleMP discusses the company’s new Foundation 4.0 software, which allows customers to aggregate servers into a single system image.
- Solarflare Application Acceleration at SC11. In this video, Solarflare President and CEO Russel Stern describes the company’s kernel bypass technology designed to deliver exremely low latency for extreme application performance. Solarflare has enjoyed great success in financial markets at places like the New York Stock Exchange and is now taking their solutions to the general HPC marketplace.
- Spectra Logic at SC11. In this video, Spectra Logic CMO Molly Rector describes the company’s latest tape storage technologies at SC11 in Seattle.
- StackIQ Big Data Infrastructure Management at SC11. In this video Tim McIntire from StackIQ discusses how the company’s Big Infrastructure Management soluitons make it easy to deploy cloud computing for Big Data applications.
- Supermicro at SC11. In this video, Don Clegg from Supermicro describes the company’s wide breadth of products for the HPC market.
- Terascala Demos TISIS 3.0 Lustre Management Software at SC11. In this video, Oz Rentas from Terascala demonstrates the company’s TISIS 3.0 software, a “wrapper” that makes Lustre easier to manage..
- Terascala at SC11. In this video, Terascala’s Rick Friedman discusses how the company provides real-time storage optimization for Lustre.
- Texas Instruments Multicore DSPs for HPC at SC11. In this video, Ramesh Kumar from Texas Instruments describes the company’slow-power multicore DSP processors for HPC applications.
- Univa Grid Engine at SC11. In this video, Univa’s Rob Secontine talls about how the company supports and extends Univa Grid Engine software with robust features for HPC and Big Data.
- VMware Update on HPC Virtualization at SC11. In this video, Josh Simons from VMware provides an update on how virtualization technologies are being adopted by HPC. Recorded at SC11 in Seattle.
- Lustre Community Update – Peter Bojanic from Xyratex at SC11. In this video, Peter Bojanic from Xyratex discusses the state of the Lustre Community at SC11.
- Xyratex Showcases ClusterStor for Lustre at SC11. In this video, Mike Stolz from Xyratex describes the company’s high performance ClusterStor Lustre storage products at SC11.
August 2011 Videos
- Hot Interconnects Brings Community Together on the Leading Edge of Networks
- Conference Kickoff: Hot Interconnects 2011
- Texas Memory Systems Steps Up with 10-Year RAID SSDs
- Versant – The NoSQL 2.0 ABC’s
- IntegrityWare Bridges the Gap between Sub-D Modeling and CAD
- BlackSky – Revolutionizing HPC
- Panel: Why Create a European Open File Systems Initiative?
- PROSPECT – Creating a European Technology Platform for High Performance Computing
- Abiquo Cloud Management Solutions Create Virtual Enterprises
- Liaison Client Interviews at SIGGRAPH 2011
- NaturalPoint OptiTrack at SIGRAPH 2011
- IKinema at SIGGRAPH 2011
- Wacom at SIGGRAPH 2011
- Luxology at SIGGRAPH 2011
- Turner Whitted Keynote at SIGGRAPH 2011 Pioneer’s Dinner
- Panel Discussion: Virtual Moviemaking at SIGGRAPH 2011
- QLogic InfiniBand at ISC’11
- OpenCL for Molecular Dynamic Simulations of CPU/GPU Architectures
- Quantum Monte Carlo Analysis of Bose-Einsten Condensation
- Accelerator-Based HPC for Army Applications
- Real-Time Processing in OpenCL on GPUs
- Tech Jargon Contest: Technology So Advanced
- SolidFire Solid-state Storage for the Cloud
- Heterogeneous HPC at LANL
- Heterogeneous Supercomputing at the Fusion Developers Summit
- PriceAdvice: The Blue Book for Everything Else
- An Introduction to CUDA Programming
- Strategic Blue is Between the Clouds
- Interxion: Who Keeps the Cloud in the Air?
- Cray Showcases XK6 Supercomputer at ISC’11
- Penguin Showcases POD HPC Cloud at ISC’11
- Nimbus Data Does Sustainable Storage with eBay
July 2011 Videos
- 10Gen Delivers Agility with MongoDB
- Interview: Martin Odersky on Scala
- Bull Showcases Tera100 at ISC’11- The Fastest Supercomputer in Europe
- PBS Professional Looks Out 20 Years on Scalability
- HP Solutions for High Performance Computing at ISC’11
- Panasas ActiveStor12 Aggregates 150GB/s
- Gluster – A Better Way to Do Storage
- FPGA Accelerators at JP Morgan Chase
- CERN HLT Analysis of Intel Knights Ferry on High Energy Physics
- Aspera – Accelerating Productivity in the Big-Data Era
- Demo: Linear Speedup on Intel Knights Ferry
- Aspera – Accelerating Productivity in the Big-Data Era
- Intel MIC architecture for TifaMMy, a Cache-oblivious Matrix-matrix Multiplication
- Better Together: Intel Demo Shows App Performance Xeon with Knights Ferry
- Interview: CloudSigma Takes IaaS to New Levels
- Mark Van Moer: Advanced Application Support Visualization Services at NCSA
- Interview: The HPC Evolution of System Managemen
- Data Direct Networks Product Update – DDN Today and Tomorrow
June 2011 Videos
- Lustre Shines On with Whamcloud
- Interview: Don Newell, CTO of Servers, AMD
- Overview of the CINECA Consortium
- Deep Computing and GPFS
- Current and Future Lustre Developments at CEA
- DDN User Group Meeting Kickoff
- The Guardian’s End
- Famous People Stories at Joe’s Cellar
- KIT – The Storage is the Computer
- Intel Press Briefing– New Exascale Initiative
- SGI Picks the Intel MIC Swim Lane for Exascale by 2018
- June 2011 TOP500 Review looks at Japan’s K Supercomputer
- AMD Technologies for HPC Workloads
- Dell HPC Solutions
- Congestion Management in HPC Interconnection Networks
- Hybrid Core Computing – Graph 500
- Open Lustre – New Organizations, Trends, and Future Developments
- QLogic Tri-Labs Linux Capacity Cluster Award
- Slidecast: Opscode Hosted Chef Goes GA for the Cloud
- Xyratex ClusterStor Lustre Appliance Launch
- Slidecast: Opscode Hosted Chef Goes GA for the Cloud
- Likewise Storage Services Bring Concurrency to NFS and CIFS
May 2011 Videos
- HyperGlance: 3D Visualization for IT Infrastructure
- Leveraging Hybrid-Core Architecture in Removing Storage Bottlenecks – pNFS and Beyond
- IO Turbine Accelio Launch
- Computational Engineering – Maintaining Technological Superiority for the Nation’s Defense
- DEISA – HPC Infrastructure: Lessons Learned & Recommendations
- GPU-Powered Supercomputing – The Next Wave of HPC
- Texas Memory Systems Product Update
- Challenges and Opportunities in Exascale Computing
- Caterpillar Virtual Product Development and HPC
- Slidecast: Nvidia Tesla 2090, World’s Fastest HPC Processor
- Interview: Cycle Cloud HPC Clusters – 10,000 Cores in 45 Minutes
- The Role of Computational Modeling in Product Development
- Extreme-scale Computing, Today and Tomorrow
- Exascale Computing: Applications and Federal Efforts
- The Democratization of HPC: What it is, and what it means to you!
- Exascale Computing: Technical Challenges
- Samplify Prism FP Takes Floating-Point Compression to the Max
- SGI At-Scale Digital Library
- Panel Discussion: Information Security in a Scalable World
- Keynote: Cisco’s Lew Tucker at Red Hat Summit
- Panel Discussion: Open Fabrics – Where to from Here?
- IB ACM InfiniBand Communication Management Assistant (for Scaling)
- GPUs As Better MPI Citizens
- GPGPU Compute On AMD
- Panel Discussion: OFED Open Subnet Manager
- ISC’11 Launches HPC in Asia Workshop, Spotlight on Exascale
- Can HPC Interconnects Benefit MemCached And Hadoop?
- Panel Discussion: Making OFED A Fit For Cloud/Virtualization
- Dense Clusters Based On RoCE Technology
- Python-RDMA Management & Diagnostics
- Oracle: Scaling Out The Data Center
- Large Layer 2 Networks