CS enrollments up again this year

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
CS trendsThe excellent CRA Policy Blog posted the headline results for the most recent Taulbee Report on computing degree trends, and the news is good both enrollments and the number of new majors in CS are up for the second straight year

The number of new students majoring in computer science increased 8.5 percent over last year. The total number of majors increased 5.5 percent, yielding a two-year increase of 14 percent. Computer science graduation rates should increase in two to three years as these new students graduate.

This is especially good news given the nosedive CS was in between 2000 and 2007. More in the post, where the press release accompanying the report’s release is also included.