What are we looking for?
Dell EMC invites you to participate in an AI Challenge!
Abstracts and proposals will be accepted through May 31, 2018, and will
be reviewed according to the following three criteria:
- Most innovative use of AI technology
- Biggest economic or social impact
- Highest potential for commercialization
Who's judging the entries?
A panel of industry experts will give each entry careful consideration:
- Michael Jones, Sr. Director of Strategy, Halliburton
- Matt Hall, CEO & Founder, Agile Scientific
- Matt Grover, Principal Technical Architect, Walmart
What happens next?
Five finalists will be selected between June 24 and June 26, 2018.
All five finalists will receive exclusive remote access to a Dell EMC HPC and
AI Innovation Lab cluster, powered by a Dell EMC PowerEdge C4140, to prove out their ideas.
What do the winners receive?
Dell EMC AI Innovation Award
One overall winner will receive:
- 200K core-hour access to a Dell EMC HPC and AI Innovation Lab cluster.
- A guest blog on the Dell EMC website.
- A spotlight in Dell EMC's booth at the SC18 Conference.
- A solution feature at a relevant industry conference or event.
Global Industries AI Innovation Award
Another entry, which may or may not be the overall winner, will receive
a route to commercialization or a joint go-to-market plan from Dell EMC Global Industries.
DELL EMC AI Challenge timeline
Abstract & Proposal Deadline
5 Finalists Announced
Set Up & Run Project
Winners Announced at SC18
Dell EMC PowerEdge C4140
Meet the demands of cognitive computing workloads with a dense, accelerator-optimized 1U server supporting 4 GPUs. Learn more
Dell EMC HPC & AI Innovation Lab
This 13,000 square foot data center is devoted to HPC. Tune your solution
for optimized performance with the latest technologies. Learn more
Pushing the Boundaries of AI
Providing the expertise required to accelerate the evolution of human progress in the age of artificial intelligence. Learn more
Congratulations to the finalists!!
The following are the two finalists for the first ever Dell EMC AI Challenge
- Cognitive Scale - AI-based Patient Scheduling Advisor
- University of Florida - A Heterogeneous Computing System POC for High Energy Physics
We are very excited for them and wish them the very best as they leverage the powerful HPC cluster to showcase their innovative ideas.
We will announce the winners on November 12 at Super Computing 2018
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 years or older. Ends 5/31/18.
To enter and for Official Rules, including prize descriptions visit https://insidehpc.com/aichallenge-terms
Void where prohibited.