The Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) has engineered NAG C Library algorithms to execute efficiently on Cavium ThunderX ARMv8-A based Workload Optimized Processors. Preliminary results, announced at ISC 2016, show excellent scaling across 96 cores of ThunderX in a dual socket configuration.
Ensuring that the NAG Library is optimized on a wide range of platforms is key to broadening our user base so we are continually working with hardware vendors to tune our algorithms for new architectures” says Mike Dewar, NAG Chief Technical Officer, “the large core-count on ThunderX processors offers huge potential for applications which scale well with core count and is an indicator of where processor design may be going, so tuning for ThunderX is an excellent way to future-proof our products.”
The NAG Library is a fully supported, expertly documented and regularly updated set of mathematical and statistical algorithms that can be utilized whenever numerical computation problems need solving. All routines in the Library are subject to highly stringent quality testing to ensure their accuracy and performance. Users rely on NAG algorithms to provide optimum results allowing them to spend more time on other aspects of their application or work.
“NAG continues to demonstrate their advanced software expertise and leadership with this most recent delivery of optimized libraries for ThunderX,” said Larry Wikelius, Vice President, Software Ecosystems and Solutions, Cavium. “NAG C Library algorithms will enable applications to take full advantage of scaling across all 96 cores of ThunderX, Cavium’s ARMv8-A based Workload Optimized Processor with dual-socket support. NAG’s team is recognized for their track record in engineering both high performing and accurate algorithmic results and Cavium is excited to see this partnership continue to provide critical software to the HPC market.”
NAG Library benefits:
- Speed up application development
- Developing routines is time consuming and costly; using the NAG Library saves time and reduces maintenance costs
- Expand the capability of existing or new applications involving numerical computation
- Leads to more effective faster prototyping
- Improves application robustness
- Reduces key person dependency
- Allows more time to concentrate on the specialist aspects of your application
Deliver competitive advantage
- Accelerate new product development; enabling you to respond to customer needs faster than the competition and within the window of market opportunity
- Realize new product revenues more quickly through reduced time-to-market
- Focus on the innovative and cutting edge functionality of your application that delivers competitive advantage
- Leverage NAG’s global reputation for accuracy, reliability and robustness
Visit NAG at ISC 2016 booth #518.