In this video from SC14, Patrick Wohlschlegel from Allinea Software demonstrates how the company’s Performance Reports took has been integrated into HP’s cluster management system for system administrators.
If you open the back of today’s HPC cluster you will see lots of cables. There are any number of cables including those for power, Ethernet, InfiniBand , Fibre Channel, KVM, and others. The current situation creates the need for complex configuration and administration.
In this video from SC14, Torben Kling-Petersen from Seagate describes an upcoming deployment of a 55 Petabyte Lustre file system in Hamburg, Germany. The ClusterStor deployment will be the most energy-efficient file system of its kind in the world upon installation.
In this special guest feature from Scientific Computing World, Robert Roe writes that Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software is coming of age, highlighted by a report from market researchers Frost and Sullivan and a conference on the topic to be held in February. [Read More…]
If you haven’t heard, there is a new film about Alan Turing, one of the original computer scientists to ponder the question: Can machines think? Over at Kill Screen, David Shimomura writes that it may be time to put the Turing Test to bed. [Read More…]
- Indian Research Labs Speed Code Development with Allinea
- Interview: Advancing Computational Chemistry with NWChem
- Tesla K80 GPU Sets New Records on STAC-A2 Financial Benchmark
- Austrians Monitor Flood Waters with Visual Analysis System
- KAUST to Acquire Cray XC40
- Bright Computing Powers Aircraft Design at University of Stuttgart
- A New Open Ethernet Switch Abstraction Interface from Mellanox
- How Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tops the Agenda
- Video: Seagate Steps up to HPC
- Video: Convergence of Extreme Computing and Big Data
- Earthquake Prediction Using the Blue Waters Supercomputer
- A Livermore Perspective on Next-Generation Computing
- Job of the Week: HPC IO Engineer at Intel