In this video from the Adaptive Computing booth at SC14, Rich Brueckner from insideHPC presents Data and Goliath — Why Startups Own the Future of Big Data.
In this video from SC14, Keith Deakin from ICEOTOPE describes the company’s innovative cooling solutions for HPC. “Iceotope is the home of cutting edge liquid cooling technology. Its patented technology offers high density IT, reduces energy consumption and improves computing performance. Iceotope systems have no fans, are virtually silent in operation, and can be positioned in populated or hostile environments in addition to the traditional data centre. Iceotope’s mission is to reduce energy usage, improve performance and drive down the costs associated with high performance computing.”
Engineers are being asked to do more in less time to meet ever-tightening time-to-market schedules. To do so, they need to accelerate design by making use of advanced engineering software. However, such software requires computing processing power not available in a typical engineering workstation. Learn how a cluster can deliver aggregated computing power from its many processors with many cores to meet the processing demands of more complex engineering software, and therefore deliver results faster than individual workstations.
In this video from the Nov. 17 Seagate User Group at SC14, Henry Newman from Instrumental presents: Tape vs. Disk 2015-2020. [Read More…]
In this video, the Radio Free HPC team meets at SC14 in New Orleans to discuss the recent news that Nvidia & IBM will build two Coral 150+ Petaflop Supercomputers in 2017 for Lawrence Livermore and Oak Ridge National Laboratories. The two machines will feature IBM POWER9 processors coupled with Nvidia’s future Volta GPU technology. NVLink will be a critical piece of the architecture as well, along with a system interconnect powered by Mellanox. [Read More…]
- Announcing the 3rd Annual Irish Supercomputer List
- Is the US Back on the Road to Exascale?
- SDSC Encourages Young Minds with Gaming at SC14
- AMD & Pathscale Join OpenACC While Nvidia Readies Compilers for IBM Power
- Interview with Maciej Besta & Torsten Hoefler – Authors of Best Student Paper at SC14
- Rex Computing Startup to Open Source Parallel CPU
- New STAC Benchmark: Nvidia Tesla K80 GPU
- Lenovo and Iceotope Announce new HPC Technology
- PSC Receives NSF Award for Bridges Supercomputer
- Largest European Bioinformatics Center Selects Mellanox InfiniBand
- Gigamon Enables SCinet Threat Detection at 100Gb Rates During SC14
- Slidecast: QNIBTerminal Plus InfiniBand – Containerized MPI Workloads
- Data Vortex Technologies Introduces Scalable Fine-Grained Gather-Scatter Parallel Computer at SC14