Headed to New Oreans for SC14? There’s one party you don’t want to miss: The Beowulf Bash 2014 takes place on Monday, Nov. 17 from 9pm to midnight.
In this episode of This Week in HPC, Michael Feldman and Addison Snell from Intersect360 Research discuss big wins for Cray and SGI. After the break they look at IBM’s big collaboration with Twitter.
In this video from the 2014 Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing, David Lecomber presents: Large Scale Debugging on Titan and Mira with Allinea DDT.
Over at The Register, Dan Olds writes that the notion that IBM is getting out of the systems business is completely wrong. Sure, they’ve sold off their x86 server business and handed off their fab to Global Foundaries, but in Dan’s estimation, it’s more about doubling-down on Power8. [Read More...]
In this episode, the Radio Free HPC team looks at IBM’s plans to hand off its microelectronics unit to Global Foundries. “Is Big Blue on the right track? While Dan believes they’re doing what they need to do, Henry thinks they need to completely retool the company like they did back in 1993.” [Read More...]
- Phi Developer Kit Now Available from Advanced Clustering Technologies
- SGI Wins Big at HPCMP
- Interview: A New Approach to High Performance, Massive Density Storage
- Mellanox NICs to Support Microsoft Open CloudServer for Hyperscale
- IU to Develop Data Analysis Tools with NSF Grant
- E4 Computer Engineering to Resell Bright Computing Manager
- Why IBM is Not Backing Away from Hardware
- Panasas Ships ActiveStor 16 Hybrid Scale-Out NAS Appliance
- Dates Announced for 2015 HPC Advisory Council Stanford Conference
- Unleashing the Power of Parallel Storage
- Saving Lives with Supercomputer Storm Simulations
- Coming Attractions: Print ‘n Fly Guide to New Orleans Cuisine
- IDC Breakast Briefing Returns to New Orleans on Tuesday, Nov. 18