I’m on my way home from a series of Springtime HPC conferences with boatload of new videos and interviews on the latest in high performance computing. Here are some notable items that may have not made it to the front page.
Solving Navier-Sokes equations are popular because they describe the physics of in a number of areas of interest to scientists and engineers. By solving these equations, the flow velocity can be calculated, and then other quantities of interest, such as pressure or temperature may be determined.
In the late 1980s, genomic sequencing began to shift from wet lab work to a computationally intensive science; by end of the 1990s this trend was in full swing. The application of computer science and high performance computing (HPC) to these biological problems became the normal mode of operation for many molecular biologists.
Industry PerspectivesThe Open Compute Project, initiated by Facebook as a way to increase computing power while lowering associated costs with hyper-scale computing, has gained a significant industry following. This guide to Open Computing is design to help organizations optimize their HPC environment to achieve higher performance at a lower operating cost. [Read More...]
Europe is notorious for its high energy costs. In the first of three articles on energy efficiency in high-performance computing, Tom Wilkie from Scientific Computing World asks if that’s why so much of the initiative appears to be coming from Europe. [Read More...]
- HPC Market Update from Intersect360 Research
- Video: Application Experiences on DDN’s IME Burst Buffer
- Video: Increasing Cluster Throughput while Reducing Energy Consumption for GPU Workloads
- Job of the Week: Senior HPC GRID Engineer at PDT Partners
- HPC and Software Modernization
- Lenovo Opens HPC Innovation Center in Stuttgart, Readies SuperMUC Phase 2
- How Supercomputers Give Universities a Competitive Edge
- Video: High-Performance and Scalable Designs of Programming Models for Exascale Systems
- insideHPC Guide to Open Computing
- UK Atomic Weapons Establishment Signs up for SGI ICE XA Supercomputer
- Video: Lustre Based Enterprise Storage – Tuning Clients for Optimal Performance
- Microsoft Update on RDMA
- Is Europe Leading the Energy Efficiency Race?