I’m on my way home from a series of Springtime HPC conferences with boatload of new videos and interviews on the latest in high performance computing. Here are some notable items that may have not made it to the front page.
In this video from the 2015 HPC Advisory Council Switzerland Conference, Oded Paz presents: Special Training Session for HPC Systems Managers and Users: EDR InfiniBand, Multicast Operations (setup flow and diagnostic tools), Traffic Load Balancing, InfiniBand Quality Of Service, System Debugging, and open Q&A.
Solving Navier-Sokes equations are popular because they describe the physics of in a number of areas of interest to scientists and engineers. By solving these equations, the flow velocity can be calculated, and then other quantities of interest, such as pressure or temperature may be determined.
Industry PerspectivesThe Open Compute Project, initiated by Facebook as a way to increase computing power while lowering associated costs with hyper-scale computing, has gained a significant industry following. This guide to Open Computing is design to help organizations optimize their HPC environment to achieve higher performance at a lower operating cost. [Read More...]
Europe is notorious for its high energy costs. In the first of three articles on energy efficiency in high-performance computing, Tom Wilkie from Scientific Computing World asks if that’s why so much of the initiative appears to be coming from Europe. [Read More...]
- Supercomputing the Mass Difference of Neutron and Protons
- HPC Market Update from Intersect360 Research
- Video: Application Experiences on DDN’s IME Burst Buffer
- Video: Increasing Cluster Throughput while Reducing Energy Consumption for GPU Workloads
- Job of the Week: Senior HPC GRID Engineer at PDT Partners
- HPC and Software Modernization
- Lenovo Opens HPC Innovation Center in Stuttgart, Readies SuperMUC Phase 2
- Going from the Lab to the Data Center
- Video: Slim Fly – A Cost Effective Low-Diameter Network Topology
- How Supercomputers Give Universities a Competitive Edge
- Internet of Things & What it Means to Fabrics
- Video: High-Performance and Scalable Designs of Programming Models for Exascale Systems
- insideHPC Guide to Open Computing