The ClusterStor SDA is built on Seagate’s successful ClusterStor family of high performance storage solutions for HPC and Big Data, providing unmatched file system performance, optimized productivity and the HPC industry’s highest levels of efficiency, reliability, availability and serviceability. Taking full advantage of the Lustre file system, Seagate ClusterStor is designed for massive scale-out performance and capacity, with the ability to support from hundreds to tens-of-thousands of client compute nodes delivering data intensive workload throughput from several GB/sec to over 1TB/sec.
In this video, Bill Kramer from NCSA describes the ground-breaking science enabled by the Blue Waters supercomputer.
Today the Indiana University Global Research Network Operations Center (GlobalNOC) today announced the award of a major new five-year, $4.8 million grant from the NSF.
Industry PerspectivesIn this episode, the Radio Free HPC team splits on the topic of Net Neutrality. The FCC will soon publish its new rules for ensuring an even playing field for Internet Bandwidth. "Dan doesn't like the idea one bit. Henry disagrees and thinks we need Net Neutrality to keep the Comcasts of the world from running amok. As for Rich, he just finds the whole argument rather amusing since it's pretty much a done deal." [Read More...]
"Today, energy companies mark the world leaders in commercial supercomputing. Companies like Total are utilizing high performance computing (HPC) to deliver an optimal combination of performance, price and efficiency. Supercomputers like Pangea deliver 10 times the computing capacity of the system it replaced, helping Total identify and exploit new reserves more effectively." [Read More...]
- Podcast: A Tour of the Universe & Selected Cosmic Mysteries
- Code Modernization – Why it is so Important
- Video: Teachers Shoot a Visual Tour of SC14 in New Orleans
- Supercomputing Frontiers to Explore Exascale in Singapore, March 17-20
- Cray XC40 Hornet Supercomputer Scales to 96K Cores on Scientific Applications
- NICE DCV 2014 Does Remote 3D Applications in the Cloud
- Video: HPC to Transform Grad Student Careers at SC15
- Clusters For Dummies
- HPC People on the Move: March Edition
- Radio Free HPC Polarizes Over Net Neutrality
- Predictions for HPC in 2015 from Intersect360 Research
- ARM Joins OpenMP ARB
- Slidecast: John Gustafson Explains Energy Efficient Unum Computing