OrangeFS, the user-friendly, open source parallel file system for high performance computing, has a lot of endearing qualities. Heading up the list is the fact that it just works – download it to your existing commodity hardware and realize immediate and substantial boosts in the performance of your HPC and storage clusters.
Burst Buffers are here! Today Cray announced the launch of the Cray XC40 supercomputer and the Cray CS 400 cluster supercomputer – the next-generation models of the Company’s high-end supercomputing systems and cluster solutions. Based on the new Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family, formerly code named “Haswell,” the new systems deliver a 2x improvement in performance over previous Cray XC and Cray CS systems.
In this video from the LAD’14 Conference in Reims, Nathan Rutman from Seagate presents: Exascale: A Long Look at Lustre Limitations.
“Whereas previous generations of engineers could take some comfort in the ‘safety net’ of extensive physical testing to rescue them from the occasional poor prediction, CAE is increasingly the victim of its own success as simulation continues to displace hardware testing as industry’s verification method of choice. Although this increased confidence in simulation is well-deserved (and has been hard-earned through many years of successful prediction), it brings with it a great deal of pressure to ‘get the answer right’ every time.” [Read More...]
In this Chip Chat podcast, Mike Bernhardt, Community Evangelist for HPC and Technical Computing at Intel, discusses the importance of code modernization as we move into multi- and many-core systems in the HPC field. According Bernhardt, markets as diverse as oil and gas, financial services, and health and life sciences can see a dramatic performance improvement in their code through parallelization. [Read More...]
- Fujitsu to Build Post-K Supercomputer for RIKEN in Japan
- HPC Luminaries to Celebrate 20 Years of Beowulf Oct. 13-14
- Video: The Cloud in the Parallel Universe
- What is Lustre?
- Record STAC Performance with Haswell EP and Xeon Phi
- Video: Cluster Optimizations – How to Achieve Optimal Performance
- This Week in HPC: New Research from the U.S. Council on Competitiveness
- Lustre: Intel Features and Future Development
- ISC High Performance Conference Issues Call for Participation
- Accelerators at ORNL – Application Readiness, Early Science, and Industry Impact
- Department of Defense High Performance Computing Modernization Program to Acquire $26 Million Cray XC Supercomputer
- Video: Adventures in Parallel Filesystems
- The Past, Present and Future of Engineering Simulation