Over the email transom this weekend, news that AccelerEyes has updated Jacket, the GPU engine that allows standard MATLAB code to be accelerated on NVIDIA GPUs. From the release (here, PDF)
The major highlights of this new release include:
- Support for double-precision arithmetic. This enables a higher-level of accuracy
- for applications requiring fine precision.
- Expanded type support, including support for logical, int32, uint32, etc.
- New Developer SDK enables integration of custom CUDA kernels into the Jacket
- runtime. This allows custom code to inherit Jacket’s optimizations for memory
- transfers, kernel executions, and system performance within MATLAB.
- Expanded support for filtering functions, such as conv2, convn, filter2, etc, to
- include kernel sizes up to 10×10.
- New licensing scheme to support Concurrent Network licenses.
- Expanded support for reductions functions, such as sum, min, max, any, all, find.