GPUs were all the rage this week, but there was also a lot more going on in the news. In case you missed them, here are some recent highlights our inside* publications:
- Video: 30x Faster Regular Expressions on a GPU. David Lehavi from HP Labs presents a regular expression (regex) engine on a GPU, and the results can teach us lessons on how to utilize GPUs for more general application workloads.
- Video: Intersect360 Research Presents HPC Industry Trends. Addison Snell looks at emerging trends with an emphasis on the opportunities for HPC technologies in emerging Big Data applications.
- Slidecast: SOASTA CloudTest Overview. By leveraging the cloud, tests can be distributed globally, executed at any scale, and run affordably. And real-time analytics provide immediate, actionable intelligence — a requirement for testing live production environments.
- Interview: Toyota Relies on ZL Unified Archive. Toyota’s primary reason for bringing ZL in-house as their primary archiving system was to ensure defensible preservation of data for litigation, including search, retention and storage management.
- Video: Fireside Chat from Emerging Companies Summit. Jen-Hsun Huang and Tim Bajarin from Creative Strategies discuss trends in mobile, visual and parallel computing, and the transformational changes ahead for the industry.
- Feature: Turning Entrepreneurship into a Science. Max Marmeer from the Startup Genome writes that we are missing a common language and framework to describe and measure entrepreneurship and innovation.