Hello. It’s me again–Dr. Lewey Anton. I’ve been commissioned by insideHPC to track HPC People on the Move. The personnel landscape in HPC continues to ebb and flow out there. And in a small community like this, the company names on the badges may change, but faces remain the same.
Here are the most recent developments:
- Richard Brandt has left Tabor Communications, the third editor to exit the company in as many months. Brandt took over as editor of HPCwire in February, replacing Michael Feldman, who had been editor of the publication for seven years or so. Feldman is now an analyst at Intersect360 Research.
- Nicole Hemsoth is now Director of Editorial Operations and Managing Editor HPCwire. Hemsoth was previously the editor of Datanami and HPC in the Cloud, and with her considerable writing chops, she is well-suited to step in at HPCwire.
- John Kirkley is now a contributing editor at insideBigData. Kirkley left the Digital Manufacturing Report at Tabor Communications last month to reboot Kirkley Communications.
- Isaac Lopez is now Managing Editor at Datanami. Previously the publisher of Datanami, Lopez has 11 years in the high technology and publishing industries.
- Ken Tan has joined Skyera as VP of Operations. Tan is responsible for the worldwide supply chain and manufacturing operations for Skyera as the company ramps its skyHawk series of solid-state storage systems.
- Susan Lewis has joined Silicon Mechanics as director of product management. Lewis has over 20 years experience in the industry, and her leadership should be a boon for this maker of rackmount servers, storage, and high-performance computing clusters.
Have you moved or know of HPC folks in new positions? Let us know by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, keep up with the HPC community’s movers and shakers by subscribing to insideHPC today.