When some of the world’s top universities and researchers showcase their innovations that meet the challenges of Big Data and global team science at SC13, they use the nation’s fastest research and education network – Internet2’s 100 Gigabit network .
Some of the world’s best scientists will demonstrate ways that Internet2’s 100G, SDN network delivers a new breed of tailored, effective services for researchers and educators,” said Stephen Wolff, Internet2’s chief technology officer. “These presentations and demonstrations feature advanced science and research, next-generation networking technology, and international collaboration capabilities to create the latest innovations.”
Research, applications, collaborations, services and demonstrations powered by Internet2’s Network will be featured throughout SC13. Demonstrations and presentations will include:
- Clemson, Indiana and the University of Southern California leveraging the Internet2 Innovation Platform;
- The latest SDN applications, including OpenFlow controllers working across network domains and the 2013 Innovative Application Awards;
- Aspera, ExoGENI, Globus Online, Microsoft, OpenStack, Rackspace and RENCI will showcase cloud computing technologies that address Big Data challenges;
- Northwestern, NCBI and BioNimbus demonstrating the use of 100 Gb connectivity to move large genomics data sets across the country;
- Visualization of international and national research collaborations via WorldView to make complex, network data easily accessible;
- Four major research collaborations for the “Enlighten Your Research-Global” program.