In this video, the good folks at TACC in Austin submit their entry into the SC14 HPC Matters Video Challenge.
High-performance computing (HPC) is fundamental to science and society, allowing scientists and researchers to push the boundaries of human knowledge and tackle the biggest challenges we face today. HPC matters because these challenges affect each and every one of us from where we live, to how we lead healthier lives, to how we protect people in the face of violent weather, changing climate, and unpredictable seismic activity. HPC matters because people matter. At the Texas Advanced Computing Center at The University of Texas at Austin, we build and deploy powerful HPC systems in support of open science, powering discoveries that change the world.
Featured Visualizations from TACC:
- Sustainable Places
- Visualization: Greg Abram and Carson Brownlee, TACC; Greg Kiloh, City of Austin
- Simulating Patient-specific Nanoparticulate Drug Delivery for the Treatement of Vulnerable Plaques
- Researchers: Shaolie Hossain and Thomas J.R. Hughes, The University of Texas at Austin
- Visualization/Video: Ben Urick and Jo Wozniak, TACC; Erik Zumalt, The University of Texas at Austin
- Hurricane Modeling
- Frank Marks, NOAA (PI), Fuqing Zheng, Univ. of Penn.; Yonghui Weng, Texas A&M; Karl Schulz and John Cazes, TACC
- Visualization: Romy Schneider and Greg P. Johnson, TACC
- Global Seismic Wave Propagation Simulation
- Contributors from ICES: Carsten Burstedde, Omar Ghattas, James R. Martin, Georg Stadler, Lucas C. Wilcox, The University of Texas at Austin
- Visualization: Greg Abram, TACC
SC14 will take place in New Orleans this year with a theme of “HPC Matters.” You can help carry this message by producing your own #HPCMatters videos, and maybe even win yourself a free registration for the conference.
We invite you to share your thoughts, vision, and experiences with HPC and why it matters to you. To participate, simply upload a one-minute, or less, video to the SC14 YouTube Channel and make sure to tag the video with “#HPCmatters.” Your creativity and passion will be the key in helping us share the personal story of HPC to the public, to policy makers, and to our colleagues around the world.
Read the Full Story.