In this video from the 2015 HPC User Forum, Earl Joseph from IDC presents: Update on the ROI with HPC, Highlighting HPC Success Stories.
“This pilot study investigates how high-performance computing (HPC) investments can improve economic success and increase scientific innovation. This research is focused on the common good and should be useful to DOE, other government agencies, industry, and academia. The study has created two unique economic models and an innovation index:
- A macroeconomic model that depicts the way HPC investments result in economic advancements in the form of ROI in revenue (GDP), profits (and cost savings), and jobs.
- A macroeconomic model that depicts the way HPC investments result in basic and applied innovations, looking at variations by sector, industry, country, and organization size.
- A new innovation index that provides a means of measuring and comparing innovation levels.”
In related news, the HPC User Forum has posted their Agendas for upcoming meetings in Europe:
- GENCI will host the HPC User Forum in Paris Oct. 12-13. The agenda includes speakers from Airbus, GENCI, Renault, and NASA. The meeting is free to attend. Register now.
- LRZ will host the HPC User Forum in Munich Oct 15-16. The agenda includes speakers from LRZ, CSCS, DKRZ, Paypal, and the Gauss Centre for Supercomputing. The meeting is free to attend. Register now.