The 13th IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing has issued its Call for Papers. The NPC 2016 event takes place October 28-29 in Xi’an, China.
High performance computing and Big Data are two main areas where NPC-2016 will provide a dynamic forum to explore, discuss and debate state-of-the-art technology issues and challenges. High-performance computers and big-data systems are tied inextricably to the broader computing ecosystem and its designs and market adoption. They also highlight information security needs and economic competitiveness in ways that distinguish them from most other scientific instruments. We strongly believe that the stake is high, and it is far beyond the boundries of nations and continents, and should strongly encourage a broad international participation. We share the view that during the past decade the tools and cultures of high-performance computing and big data analytics are diverging to the detriment of both, and the international community should find a unified path which can best serve the need of a broad spectrum of major application areas. Unlike other tools, which are limited to particular scientific domains, computational modeling and data analytics are applicable to all areas of science and engineering, as they breathe life into the underlying mathematics of scientific models.
NPC 2016 welcomes original submissions in a range of areas, including but not limited to:
- In-Memory computing
- Applications of parallel and distributed computing
- Systems, networks, and architectures for high end computing
- Parallel and multi-core issues and opportunities
- Big data intelligence
- Virtualization of machines, networks, and storage
- Programming languages and environments
- I/O, file systems, and data management
- Resource management, scheduling, and load-balancing
- Performance modeling, simulation, and prediction
- Fault tolerance, reliability and availability