Kick-off your Salt Lake experience and SC16 week with the annual StartupHPC conference. Register early and secure your opportunity to engage fellow entrepreneurial explorers, executives and experts during this one day exclusive event packed with high quality content, insights, and interactions! Building on the success of last year’s event, StartupHPC-16 focuses on hot markets, case studies, and funding. Contributed talks combine with spirited discussions in this open forum, offering attendees a mix of rare and deeply personal experiences, professional best practices, and practical learnings.
StartupHPC-16 speakers represent a very distinguised group of experts the combine entrepreneurship, technology depth, and market insight.
- John Gustafson, Scientist, Entrepreneur, and Author of “The End of Error: Unum Computing”
- Gary Grider, Division Leader of High Performance Computing at Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Debra Goldfarb, Chief Analyst at Intel Corporation and pioneering HPC market analyst
- Tom Lyon, Co-Founder of DriveScale, Founder of Nuova systems whose acquisition by Cisco led to the successful UCS servers and Nexus switches, and Employee #8 at Sun Microsystems.
- Bruce Gilpin, Co-Founder of Versity
- Burak Yenier and Wolfgang Gentzsch, Founders of UberCloud
- Meghan Wingate McClelland, Angel Investor, exascale strategist, HPC practitioner
StartupHPC returns with its ever popular ‘perspectives from the trenches’ and ‘CxO Probe’ series featuring a cast of new and notable champions and challengers:
- HPC Fund: who invests in HPC-inspired start ups? What does it take to have a fund focused on HPC?
- Markets: what are the hot market segments that need your HPC expertise and mindset?
- AI, IoT, Security, and other growing segments as well as opportunities in Data Center and Cloud.
- Champions: this year, StartupHPC will champion a few selected startups! We’ll cover the process and progress.
- Group discussion: new this year, this is a session that is focused on active audience participation to discuss and advance the community and raise awareness for top-of-mind issues.
- First person stories and CEO panel: How did they take the plunge? What did they learn? How can we learn from their experience?
- Case study: follow a success story from seed funding to incubation and initial networking to launch.
Video clips of last year’s event are available to all visitors.
Register early to take advantage of Early Bird pricing! And help spread the word!