We have been working with SIMULIA for many years,” said Nor-Tech President and CEO David Bollig. “While this relationship has been beneficial for both companies, the real winners are our clients because they are able to fully leverage the power of our clusters with Abaqus.”
Abaqus, a SIMULIA product developed by Dassault Systèmes, is a scalable suite of unified analysis products that allows all users, regardless of simulation expertise or domain focus, to collaborate and seamlessly share simulation data and approved methods with no loss of information fidelity.
The Abaqus Unified FEA product suite delivers powerful, comprehensive solutions for both routine and high level engineering problems that cover a vast spectrum of industrial applications.
SIMULIA, which creates a new version of Abaqus each year, added the following upgrades to Abaqus 2017:
- Enhanced Contact and Constraints
- XFEM Contact Improvements for Abaqus/Standard
- Advances in LCP (Linear Complimentary Problem) Equation Solver for Abaqus/Standard
- CZone Enhancements for Abaqus/Explicit
- Enhanced Materials and Elements
- Development for Welding and Additive Manufacturing (AM)
- Event Series
- Other enhancements include: improved direct sparse scalability; explicit dynamic scalability to 1000 cores; GPU acceleration of AMS eigensolver; new material models; Abaqus-SIMPACK integration; table input for user subroutines; progress element activation.
Abaqus 2017 will also be available for a no-cost test drive on simulationclusters.com — a site for real-time demonstration of the ROI of upgrading from a workstation to an HPC cluster. The site is a collaboration between Intel, Dassault Systèmes, and Nor-Tech. There is no cost to the user for either simulationclusters.com or the demo cluster.
For more than a decade, Nor-Tech has been building easy-to-deploy HPC clusters for the world’s leading research institutions, Fortune 100 companies and pioneering innovators with applications that include automotive, aerospace and life sciences. The company’s cluster capabilities range from 1,000+ core super clusters to smartly engineered entry level clusters.