The European PRACE initiative is now accepting nominations for the PRACE Ada Lovelace Award for HPC.
PRACE is happy to receive your nomination for the Award. The winner of the Award will be invited to participate in the concluding Panel Session at PRACEdays17, and will receive a cash prize of € 1 000 as well as a certificate and an engraved crystal trophy.
Update: Nominations should be sent to submissions-pracedays[at]prace-ri.eu by March 24, 2017.
Selection criteria includes:
- Outstanding impact on HPC research, computational science or service provision at a global level.
- Role model for women beginning careers in HPC.
- The winner of this award must be a young female scientist (PhD +10 years max, excluding parental leave) who is currently working in Europe or has been working in Europe during the past three years.
A nomination should include the following:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of nominator (person making the nomination). The nomination should be submitted by a recognized member of the HPC community.
- Name, address, and email address of the nominee (person being nominated).
- The nomination statement addressing why the nominee should receive this award, should include a description of the first two criteria (see below) in detail within half page each (max. 300 words each)
- Copy of the nominee’s CV, certificates, listing publications (with indication of the h-index), honors, etc. should be provided.
PRACE initiated this Award in 2016 at PRACEdays16 with Zoe Cournia from Greece as the inaugural awardee.